cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMII failed to start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have always used MII 11.5 and am now working with 12.1.

I did not install the netweaver server and xMII it was done offshore.

We are trying to install and test the batch management example/demo/test from the SDN

I was configuring the SAP batch system in xMII

During step 2.1.4.x of the instructions, configuring the XMIIRFC01, xMII and netweaver stopped responding.

After a restart NetWeaver worked fine but xMII gives me a failed to start error on the Netweaver Java EE applications, start & stop screen.

where do I find the error log to tell me why xMII will not start?

Andy Boersma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the network connection?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide the following information on your system. NW version (Service Pack), MII version and build (i.e. 12.1.5.88 or 12.1.5 build 88), Java version, and system OS.

For your RFC Listener:

Make sure you set the MaxReaderThreadCount to something greater than zero when configuring the RFC Listener. Zero is often used to make a value unlimited. Not here. And you will likely have to restart NW after updating.

Check the Application Resource in NW to see if the status is green. Then hit the update button in the MII Portal - Message Services - Message Listener. If configured correctly, you should see the SAP Server and Client populate appropriately for the Listener configured in NW. NOTE: The Server name will correspond to the correct ECC system configured, but will not be the DNS name or explicit IP address in NW. This is confusing, but normal.

NW Log Viewer:

You can get to this via NW or much easier through the MII Portal - System Management - Log Viewer

In the filter portion set the Application to sap.com/xappsxmiiear and perhaps Date and Time appropriate to your search. I often use the last hour rather than 24 hours while troubleshooting. It improves the response time. Once you have the filter set to your satisfaction, save the view! You will be using this again in the future - guaranteed. You may also want to make it the default view if you are work a lot in MII.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have access to the server as they are managed by an offshore company.

So everything is a bit delayed or lost.

What I found out is that right now we have Netweaver 7.1 Ce with SP03

MII 12.1 with no SP

I told them to put NW SP05 first on the server and then SP06 of MII

There seems to be a reluctance on their behalf to do it

Andy

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

You are going to have problems with 12.1.0. You need to convince the server owners that they need to do the MII upgrade at the very least. Otherwise they will be 6 Server Packs behind (and a lot of fixes). If you are going to use IDoc Listeners, you need to be at SP4 at a minimum. You may also experience some issues with RFC Listeners if you are doing control recipes or similar kinds of ECC document pushing. I suspect the combination of NW SP3 and MII 12.1.0 was not tested very rigorously if at all.

I would also urge them to upgrade NW to SP 4 if you convince them of the MII 12.1.6 upgrade.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

From what I know, they need to upgrade NW to sp05 to install MII 12.1 sp05

So I have to assume from there that MII 12.1 SP06 needs at least NW 7.1 sp05 to work properly

Andy

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You are probably right. I have not read the installation requirements since 12.1.4.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Did you check the Netweaver logs?

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dianne,

that is where I am looking for, where in netWeaver?

this is the only thing I can find.

Status Details: Cannot activate endpoint for message-driven bean sap.com/xappsxmiiearxml|sap.comxappsxmii~ejb.jarxml|JRARFCListener01

So I am looking for more info

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

If you individually start the components of the MII SCA from Netweaver Administrator, does it work? I am not sure what the exact SP level and patch your MII installation is - please look at SAP Note 1469749 which may be the issue. However, I would upgrade to the latest SP and Patch which should roll up all previous fixes.

1493898 - 12.1.6 Patch 1

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

you can find the NetWeaver Logs in the NetWeaver Administrator:

- start http://<server>:<port>/nwa

- open Monitoring > Logs and Traces

- select a Predefined View

Maybe you can find more hints to your problem.

Michael