cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault message handling in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again xi fighters

I created a business process with a synchronous sending step. I defined all interfaces and implemented also an own fault message type within the synchronous abstract interface. If the used RFC got the correct data the sync. sending step worked proper and also the business process worked fine. If I providing wrong data to the RFC to force him to throw an exception the Business process received the fault message. Then I just want to send the received fault message asynchronously to a file adapter within the defined exception branch. And now the question no-one answered in several discussion threads ;-<

How can I send the message? I am not able to implement a new variable in the container for the fault message type. Any advises here?????

Please help me, before I got inshane of SAP ;->>

Regards Oliver

Message was edited by: Oliver Bluhm

Hi everybody

any ideas, or is the question not clear. Please have a look and let me know you exlperience!

Regards Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everybody

O.K. I solved it.

It is defenetly not possible to further process the content of the exception message within the exception branch. The exception message received by the BPM only trigger the exception branch. The message itself cannot be defined as an abstract interface.

Regards Oliver

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's not possible, how did you solve it?

I'm getting crazy trying this too.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

how do you know, that is impossible to read the content of the fault message in the exception branch? Did someone from SAP say that? For days I read all the notes, blogs, help,.. and didn't find an answer.

It should work.

1. I have an integration process in XI sending a sync message to R3.

- OK

2. In the generated proxy class I raise an exception of the generated exception proxy class.

- OK

3. The exception message is shown in the message monitoring, containing also all our customer-data.

- OK

4. The integration process in XI activates the correct exception branch.

- OK

Missing: How do I get a grip on the data in the error message?

Kind regards Philipp

Message was edited by:

Philipp Jakob