cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Mobile / Sybase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently installed Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) on our windows machine and we are trying to configure it to bring in data from CRM system to a mobile device.

I have seen Sales as well as Workflow application, so wanted to start with that first before building my custom application.

After successfully installing SUP, I came to know about DOE connector. When I try to configure DOE, it asked me for ESDMA bundle when I came to know this can be achieved from SAP NetWeaver Mobile only. Is this true?

If it is, I am not too sure I get the concept of 2 middleware layers - between CRM and the mobile device. Is it only because of operatability of SUP (to iPhone, Blackberry) versus that of NetWeaver Mobile (Primarily windows based)?

If what I am thinking is the way forward, I would need some help on where and how to install NetWeaver Mobile?

Please understand my focus is to have SUP as the true middleware layer; minimum installation of NetWeaver Mobile will suffice.

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys - will go through these links.

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

You can download Mobile Gateway 1.1 from SMP.

Once you download the package and extract the contents, you can get detailed information on connecting it to DOE from the configuration guide in the package. Its enough to follow steps 3 and 5 in the "GW_11_SP01_CRM_Config_Guide.pdf".

This explains all the necessary configurations to connect the Gateway 1.1 to DOE - These steps should be performed in order to be able to download the ESDMA bundles.

Regards,

Sangeetha

Edited by: Sangeetha Gopinath on Aug 5, 2010 11:44 AM

Edited by: Sangeetha Gopinath on Aug 5, 2010 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have followed your messages in this topic. I am also trying to setup a trail environment to test Sybase SAP with SAP Mobile CRM Sales application. I have followed according to the guildes on the Sybase Unwired Paltform documentation.

For a succesfull environment development and Sybase SAP Mobile Sales CRM application installation, I need a ESDMA package which can be downloaded from SAP Mobile Gatway, as I understand untill this point..

To be able to achieve setup of this environmant, I have a succesfull installation of SAP CE 7.1 Trail , NW Developer studio and on top of them SAP Mobile. But I could not find any download link for SAP Mobile Gateway. (I dont have any acces to SAP Marketplace area,)

I want to ask for waht else do I need for just having a ESDMA package for succesful Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP application installation.

These posts are not very new, but if you see my post and give some advises I will be apprecated.

Thank you,,

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Its not a question about two middleware but about what you want to achieve. The SAP and Sybase Co-Innovation platform targets mobilization of SAP Business systems (like SAP Business Suite) to mobile platforms like Windows Mobile, IPhone, Blackberry etc.

The role of Sybase box is to provide the device agnostic behavior and rich device integration. The role of SAP NW Mobile is to provide an integration with SAP systems and enable provision of the data in the mobile world.

Thus these two are not same but complementary in nature. To learn more about SAP NW Mobile and SAP MGW please refer to the following links.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/061ac399-0801-0010-c1b5-9d6d1b2f1...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8f/0b674240449c60e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

SAP NW Mobile is available free with NW license and you can install a mobile only usage on your NW box. I guess that would be sufficient for you to start.

Edited by: Vikas Lamba on Aug 3, 2010 10:48 AM

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Yes. You need Netweaver mobile to work with Mobile sales & Mobile workflow applications which uses SUP server and you can download bundle from Netweaver mobile which can be consumed by SUP server.

Please go through the following blog which explains about the SAP-Sybase Co innovation architecture :

[SAP Sybase Co-innovation Platform|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20223] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

You need to install Netweaver Mobile 7.10 latest service pack (Currently it is SPS10) and after that you need to install Gateway1.1 of SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.10: Service Pack SPS01 / SPS02.

Regards,

Siva.

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Aug 3, 2010 9:28 AM