Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we limit C202 access by Operation?

serena_meenan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

My company wants to start using in-process inspection type 03. However, this inspection type is maintained within the master recipe for the material (C202).

Our Master Data Group is not currently staffed to take on maintenance of these QM aspects of the recipe setup, so we'd like to give access to some QM users to do this. However, we do not want to give out full access for C202.

Is anyone aware of a way to limit C202 access by specific Operations? If we could limit the users' update access either by "Resource" or "Control Key" I think we'd be OK. However, I can't find any C202 related authorization objects that will allow these types of restrictions.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Serena,

If you dont find any ojects then contact your ABAP team, they will see if they can modify the program of the tcode and insert that restrcition to the code or create custom tcode for this

Thanks,

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Can you please provide the steps which made you decide objects are not available?

2.Also check for the list of all the objects for the transaction C202 in Su24.

3. I also found a related topic for the transaction C202 : I am not sure if I am allowed to post information from other forums within SDN "

0 Kudos

I've reviewed the existing SU24 objects related to C202, as well as other QA related authorization objects (via SU21) to see if any had auth fields specifically for limiting "operation" or "Control Key" - but I've had no luck thus far. We'd like to avoid custom programming if at all possible (though in this case, that just may be wishful thinking!) I'm hoping someone out there has done this before and can provide some guidance.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the check and maintain authorization Objects for the tcode C202.

C_FVER_WRK

C_ROUT

C_STUE_BER

C_STUE_WRK

C_TCLA_BKA

Q_GP_CODE

Q_PLN_FEAT

try to restrict with these authorization objects. if not, meet your developer and ask him to create new authorization object for the particular field / tab and then assign that new Object to required roles.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Serena,

If you do a test with the functional team and find out if there is any authority object /field it controls someone may be able to post a proper response.

Did you try tracing the actions , did you analyze?

If there is no authority object to control , customization will be one of the way to resolve( I know you mentioned you want to avoid this).

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've already done the security traces of the process, and also checked all of the SAP delivered Q_ and C_ auth objects (via SU21) searching for a field that relates to Operation or Control Key, all to no avail.

I was just hoping someone out there knew of an authorization object that I was somehow missing along the way. I figured we would have to go down the customization path with this.

I'll leave this thread open for a few more days for comments, and if no "customizing free" options are suggested... I'll close it out.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!