cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module to retrieve the Approval notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which function module should I use to get the "Notes for Approval" under "Additional Specifications".

Once the PR raised by requisitioner is approved completely I want to retrieve the comments in "Notes for Approval". When we go to Check Status in Enterprise Buyer portal for approved Shopping Cart we can see two sections "Items in Shopping Cart " and "Additional Specifications". I need to retrieve the "Notes for Approval " under "Additional Specifications".

Could you please tell me which FM can be used to pull this data?

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use FM "BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL"

You will find the approval note info in E_LONGTEXT table

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Tried it but the table E_LONGTEXT consist of internal note but not the "Notes for Approval"(Notes given by each approver).

Is there any othere FM where I can find the "Notes for Approval"?

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Youu2019re taking about the AP note or Approver note which found under Notes and attachment tab on item level???

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you open an approved shopping cart in EBP you will find two sections "Items in Shopping Cart" and "Additional Specifications". Under "Additional Specifications" there are 2 fields "Name of Shopping Cart" and "Notes for Approval".

I want to retrieve the text in "Notes for Approval".

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under Item Details-> Documents and Attachments it shows the Internal Note, this is not the one I needed.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which SRM version your using??? 7.0, 6.0 or 5.0..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its SAP SRM 5.00.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have SRM 5.0 system with me right now, since we upgraded to 7.0 already.. But I will still try to find you..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It should be available in E_LONGTEXT of BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL with TDID = NOTM. NOTM is the text id for notes for approval while INOTE is for internal note.

Additionally you could chekc in BBP_PD to see what would appear for long texts and get the text ID.

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got one more question, the "notes for Approval" text is an unlimited text box where you can enter any no of char, but the table E-LONGTEXT got a attribute TDLINE which is of 132 char long. HOw can I copy the "notes for Approval" to TDLINE which is 132 char long.

Regards,

Ravi.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

If you were a little more attentive, you would have seen line numbers exist ( COUNTER ) for each text ID.

So, you have to split your text into strings with 132 characters lenght.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

E_LONGTEXT is a table not a structure. The text on screen which is unlimited is retrieved in multiple lines of 132 characters each but having same TDID = NOTM.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I ser debugger in Get shopping cart details FM the table E_LongText doesn't contain TDID of type NOTM. Do I need to do any configuration for this in SRM and ECC side?

Regards,

Ravi.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

So, your SC does not have approval note.

Check your SC using SRM with web-browser (ITS or EP) and running BBP_PD transaction in SRM GUI.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see the Notes for Approval in SRM - Enterprise Buyer. When I login through browser and click on Check Status under Go Shopping and select a Shopping Cart from list, it will show the notes for approval. I need to capture these notes in SRM and replicate them to PO Header notes on ECC side. To achieve this I am trying to implement my logic in "IF_EX_BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI~BBP_B46B_PO_OUTBOUND" which does transfer PO ref from SRm to ECC.

I did configuration change in SPRO under SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Text Schema -> Define Text Schema for SC I made TDID "NOTM" copyable as Yes. I also implemented the Copy Rules. But still unable to replicate the notes for approval to ECC.

Regards,

Ravi.