cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Full Text Search in Records Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is Shiva, we implemented SAP Records management & i am came in middle of this project. Right now client want to do some customizations in Records.

Actually i need to disable Full Text Search under Records. Under Cross Query i disabled the Full text by the following process

(Two sample element types are delivered with the service provider

SRM_SP_QUERY:

SRM_SPS_QUERY

Search for records, documents, cases, record models and file plans

SRM_SPS_QUERY_REC_DOC)

Under(SPRO) Cross SP search based on Property Unification; you can able to disable the FullText search field(this will be effects only for Cross Query), but under Records, when you right click there will be one option called FIND in which i am unable to disable the FULL TEXT search.

I used DMWB T-code under LOIO, i search for Standard/free/instance attributes, but i didn't find any Full Text Search Field in that one.

Can anyone please help me in this. I really appreciate your inputs & help.

Thanks,

Shiva.

Edited by: Shivasap on Aug 2, 2010 6:01 PM

Edited by: Shivasap on Aug 3, 2010 4:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva,

Full text search needs to be deactivated at content model level for attributes. You will find a document class in the element type of the record. In transaction DMWB, you will find LOIO & PHIO classes for the document class. For each attribute, you will find a checkbox "index-relevant" which needs to be unticked if you dont want to use TREX. For deactivating full-text search for which a field is given in the FIND popup, TREX needs to be deactivated. There is no option to deactivate just for a record element type in RM. Unfortunately, the field itself cannot be hidden. This is programmed in the logic.

Best Regards,

Pragya