cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Channel - File Archiving - No Create Target Directory option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are getting an error because our Sender channel is always trying to create the target directory when saving a file in our archive location.

Using a Receiver Channel the option "Create Target Directory" exists, so I can disable that option. Is there a way to disable that option on a Sender Channel when archiving?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to archive on an FTP server?

Read "processing mode" section at this link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm]

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So my primary question still remains: "Why is there no "Create Target Directory" option when archiving with File Adapter?

But the problem has been resolved. The error was caused by some network changes. It caused a problem with permissions/authorizations for one of our UNIX folders.

Thanks to all who helped!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

The channel uses the path: '/PI_Fileadapter/MBIprod/Archives/POC'

The error message shows the added "/"

It seems to me there is a reason the "Create Target Directory" checkbox exists on the receiver channel.

Now I have come to realize that the error is preventing the file from being picked up by the sender channel. I am thinking this may be a permissions issue on the drive/folder.

Let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matthew,

Ensure that the Archive path is provided correctly, in the path provided the '/' should be removed.

Please follow the path given below:

'/PI_Fileadapter/MBIprod/Archives/POC"

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabio - If the option existed as it does on the Receiver Channel I could leave it unchecked and since the directory already exists it would not try to create it. Without that configuration setting it seems to attempt to create the directory each time.

RTWB shows this error:

Configuration error: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.configuration.ConfigurationExceptionSet: The following configuration errors were detected:

- Error creating archive directory '/PI_Fileadapter/MBIprod/Archives/POC/'

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Is this just the error? no more information??,

I think you should check the Archive Files on FTP Server, if it is, but is not you should put the correct directory of archive, maybe copy the same directory of the source. Because it should not be that problem, if the directory does not exist it create just one time, then it just look the directory...

Regards,

lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

unfortunatly this option doesn't exists.

Try to delete the last "/" in path

'/PI_Fileadapter/MBIprod/Archives/POC'

Hi

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see the confusion.

The directory does already exist. The file is also written successfully to the archive folder. But the problem is that I am getting errors in my logs because the sender channel is attempting to create the directory (even though it already exists).

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reviewing the settings available from Help.sap.com says:

"Configure Sender File Adapter"

Under Processing Mode, specify what is to happen to files that have been processed successfully.

u25CB       Archive

u25A0       To add a time stamp to the file name, select Add Time Stamp. 

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

u25A0       Enter the name of the Archive Directory.

I do not see anything in here that helps clear up this issue.

Also, I have given a target directory. The problem is it still tries to create that directory.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think the exact solution you are looking for exists.

But...if the target directory exists, there should not be a problem. It sounds like maybe your user is not able to create a directory in the archive location. If the directory already exists, or the user can be given more permissions, maybe the issue goes away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry I miss the point, could you explain to me?

if there is an option to disable creation of target directory, if you check it, file will not be archived (cos directory is not existing).

If you don't want to archive, you can use Processing mode --> delete

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why don't use an existing directory?