cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFP Interface not found in SE37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to ADOBE from development and I just created my first form. Using SFP I created the interface and form making them local. I did not use SE80. Both the interface and form were fine when checking syntax and activating. Then went to SE37 to see my functional module and got a statement saying the interface does not exist.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing it in SFP. I believe you said you tried it in SFP and got good results. We installed LiveCylce 8.0 2 weeks ago, I wonder if something went wrong during the install. I did not do the install.

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just created one text interface and test form with that interface. After activating if I take the FM name for that form and go to SE37 to check that one, then it is showing. Don;t know what is your problem and how you are doing that. In your m/c can you able to open form layout?

Thanks

Mrinmoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

YEs,

Me too wanted to check the same thing.

R u able to go to the layout tab without any issue.

Even earlier we faced some crash issue in Adobe 9 but not in 8, after then it was solved.

Please try to create newly and confirm whether still you are facing the same issue.

Regards,

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been working with BASIS to see if there was a problem with setup. I created a new test form, Interface and Form and was able to render it in layout per question above. Both Interface and Form had no syntax errors and it activated fine. Again when I went into SE37 the functional module was not available. I did a cut/paste from the FORM, Properties tab, Interface field to make sure I didn't have spelling issues.

I've been doing a lot of reading the past several days looking for a solution. I remember reading that a functional group is assigned by the system when I first save a new Forms interface in SFP. In looking for my interface in SE37 do I need to know the functional group? I've been just putting the interface name in se37 and nothing else.

Thanks,

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - Moved to the correct forum Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution. Go to tcode se37 and DISPLAY function module FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME. Once you are in DISPLAY mode execute by entering the F8 key. Enter your form name i.e. FP_TEST_00 and execute. The function name will come something like /1BCDWB/SM00000003.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

just to clarify a little:

there is absolutely NO reason to try to see the function module. It is system-generated and you´re not allowed to change it in any way. System reads your interface and generates this code for you. So it is nice to know how can one see it, but that´s all. That is the reason you´re not supposed to use this FM name anywhere (together with the fact the name is also system generated and can be easily changed: there is a program to refresh this FM name...). And the name is changed after the transport (from DEV to QAS) etc.

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click on the test icon on SFP you will be taken to the FM that was generated by SFP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just now i tested again in the same way as you said...I am not getting any error...

Please check whether your interface is available in SFP tcode and also in the form, our given interface name is same or not.

Regards,

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the spelling in SFP interface and form and I have the correct name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helen,

Are you getting the same problem even though if you are create again the new form and interface in tcode SFP?

Regards,

Prabu