SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification no from BAPI staus bar message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using this BAPI_ISUSMORDER_CREATEMULTIPLE to create Service orders followed by Notifications. It creates Notifications once BAPI is succesfully executed after creating Service orders. But the notification no is shown on the status bar as success message and not in any RETURN parameters.

How do i trap the notification no in this case. Please suggest.

Thanks

Dan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way to achieve this would be to read view VIAUFKS (field name QMNUM) and get the notification number created for the order number, after the BAPI executes successfully.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I can also get it from QMEL table but i dont want to use a select stmt. I want to get the Notif# on the fly which is created in the memory/status bar.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

I am not sure why this is happening, the RETURN tables parameter should return the success messages. However only other way of reading from the logs would be to go to SLG1 and object name IUWMORD and sub-object BAPI_CREATE_MULTIPLE, which should provide all the success messages. To do this programatically you will have to find FM's to read the application log. I found some FM starting BAL* , however everything looks a lengthy process than reading from the table. I think this doesnt help you much, however just wanted to share what i found.

Regards,

Yuvi.,

0 Kudos

Correct Yuvi, Thats a lenghty process than expected.

Thanks for sharing.