cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create generic mapping template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create a generic mapping template that can be used in different combinations of source and target messages in my message mappings? The reason I am asking this is because I have user-defined functions that I want to attached to my mapping template and re-use that mapping template in all of my message mapping. If this is possible, please share how this can be done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just create a mapping for your scenario, select the target message and just right click it, choose "Create mapping based template" and save it... it will be saved under "Mapping Template" Section in the namespace. After that if u need to use the same mapping template, go to mapping and click "Show suitable templates" it will show all the mapping templates that matches the source and target. Use it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your answers but I want to create a mapping template such that when I click on "Show suitable templates" it will <u>always</u> show the mapping template I created regardless for whatever source and target messages that I set.

Thanks,

Elbert

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this can be done, provided your source and target messages should be either a data type or a complex type. It should not be a External definition. U can save it as a mapping template and use it in some of otehr scenarios. Also u can modify the mapping while u use it in ohter scenarios too....

Once you have saved a mapping template it serves as a copy template that you ... The same applies to the mapping templates themselves:

For more info refer this link...

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/ en/79/2835b7848c458bb42cf8de0bcc1ace/content.htm">Mapping template</a>