Hello,

I've got the following problem.

setup is like this

shipment

deliveries

delivery items

the delivery and items should be protected for a page break

I've read several solutions but nothing seems to work

the 'page protection' flag on the table is greyed out (output options tab) in our version

I've also tried to put the table in a folder, there the 'page protection' flag can be set

but when I add a table, the flag is removed

tried it with a loop but also no result

any idea's on how to solve this ?

Regards,

Michel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a folder in the main table and then you get a check for page protection,. Set hat checkbox. it will solve the problem.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards

Shiva

michel_dekimpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your reply but I've already tried with a folder, no luck

in my table I also have an 'Event on sort begin' on delivery number, something like 'at new vbeln' in a normal loop

I tried to put a folder around the complete table, a folder in the 'event on sort begin' and in the main area but it's still the same

any other idea's ?

Regards,

Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Please try as below:

Create a table node and in the data tab just uncheck the loop internal table option. Create the line types. In the main area just create a loop node and under the same create a folder with the option page protection. Just assign the row types under this folder node. Then loop the table and print the one as you want.

This will work for sure.

Regards,

Selva K.

michel_dekimpe
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Selva

that seems to be the trick to do it

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find other suggested solutions all over the internet BUT the solutions given seem all wrong. I find that when doing node for tables you will see two kinds. Older node type looks like it has an asterick * in a box and this table node never allows input to page protect for folder node underneath. The newer table node that demands row/line will allow page protect on folders and that works as expected.

Solution is to create new table node (probably 4.7 version) and add folder there. Then move all text down after making line definations and rows in new folder. This is easiest fix and always works unless you are in pre 4.7.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way could be create a paragraph format in smarttstyles and check mark page protection in it,

assign this paragraph style to the text elements in your table i.e the line items in it,maybe this helps.

kerem_kayacan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure it will work but there's another page protection flag in line type definition of table.

michel_dekimpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but I've also tried that.

Regards,

Michel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using z print program ( i mean copy of standard program or newly created by own ), you can acheive this by changing the code in the print program.

By using the control break statements, i mean AT NEW, ON change of,,,,,you can call the new page of the script form..

Regards,

Prabu