cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException / Failed to create delegate for component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting this error with a Web DynPro after I try to call an interface controller via another DC.

The "DC Call Stack" is this: Launched WebDynPro --> Another WDP --> Target WDP.

The line of code (it does nothing, it was only for testing purposes in order to isolate the problem) where the execution fails:

} else if (RFCName.equalsIgnoreCase("MATCH_CODE_SEARCH_KOSTL")) {
			wdThis.wdGetSearchKostlCompInterface();
		}

The error I get is:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at bancaintesa.it.searchkostlcomp.SearchKostlComp$OVSSearchKostlListener.<init>(SearchKostlComp.java:300)

at bancaintesa.it.searchkostlcomp.SearchKostlComp$OVSSearchKostlListener.<init>(SearchKostlComp.java:299)

at bancaintesa.it.searchkostlcomp.SearchKostlComp.<init>(SearchKostlComp.java:381)

at bancaintesa.it.searchkostlcomp.wdp.InternalSearchKostlComp.<init>(InternalSearchKostlComp.java:161)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

... 91 more

The detailed stack trace begins with:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to create delegate for component bancaintesa.it.searchkostlcomp.SearchKostlComp. (Hint: Is the corresponding DC deployed correctly? Does the DC contain the component?)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.ControllerHelper.createDelegate(ControllerHelper.java:98)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.<init>(DelegatingComponent.java:78)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:381)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.createComponent(ClientComponent.java:926)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.createComponent(ClientComponent.java:155)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.createComponentInternal(ComponentUsage.java:345)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.createComponent(ComponentUsage.java:274)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.createInstanceIfDemanded(ComponentUsage.java:993)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.getInterfaceControllerInternal(ComponentUsage.java:592)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.getInterfaceController(ComponentUsage.java:584)

I've tried rebuilding/redeploying the component and the used DCs, I've checked permissions and component dependencies...

Locally, I don't have pending errors.

Any hint on how to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

(Closing due to inactivity)