cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call a external vendor catalog - OCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to call a external vendor catalog (OCI) from webdynpro-ABAP application. Can some one help me on how to achieve this ?

I am not using SRM. I need to pass the value to ERP system.

We can call the Catalog into Web Dynpro Screen Using CHIP with passing parameters like URL name, But we cannot get the selected materials from the catalog.

Can some one help me on how to achieve this ?

Thank & Regards,

Akash Rana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

iFrame CHIP and the iFrame UI element are for visual integration only. They don't allow for the return of any data or events back into the surrounding Web Dynpro.

I would suggest a more data centric interface method - like web services. However if I remember right from my days of working with MDM OCI isn't a web service/SOAP type interface specification. Instead you might try the CL_HTTP_CLIENT class. This will let you make a request to the OCI service and retrieve and process the Reponse Body.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

For a very quick and effective response, as u r aware of this issue, could u also please let me know What are other ways i can fulfill this requirement.

Thanks

Akash

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

>

> For a very quick and effective response, as u r aware of this issue, could u also please let me know What are other ways i can fulfill this requirement.

>

> Thanks

>

> Akash

I've already listed my suggestions. I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for with this follow up question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean if i use this above class CL_HTTP_CLIENT in my web dynpro-abap application , the website of the catalog will come as a popup screen or i can integrate in a I FRAME CHIP, which method do i have to use to call the website and to collect the selected materials from the catalog on click of submit button on the catalog website.

Regards,

Akash

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

With CL_HTTP_CLIENT you will get the raw response object. You would then have to extract the content and present it in native WDA UI elments - like a table. If you embed the content in an iFrame of some sort, you are just back to your original problem of no eventing or data interfacing out of the iFrame. The CL_HTTP_CLIENT suggestion gets you around this by letting extract the information you want from the OCI interface but then present it in Web Dynpro natively.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

I resolved the above question.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

I resolved the above question.

Thanks

Answers (0)