cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIP profile - change in material determination settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to ask for your expertise advice.

I need to maintain change in DIP-profile in my system.

Due to customer request I shall change setting in material determination for one Material/Service category.

At the moment we have following settings for "OTHER COST":

Transfer cost and quantity

Material direct: NOT SET

Individual: NOT SET

Conversion Quantity: NOT SET

Criteria: cost element

Customer request is to change Material direct indicator to SET.

We already have material as relevant characteristic.

My question is: Does such change comes with any risk for my system? Will the be any backwards impact on already billed invoices?

I would really appreciate for help.

Thanks in advance

Krystyna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Krystyna,

First suggestion is to look at OSS NOTE 301117, download the PDF document tagged to that note. Extremely useful document for DIP related items.

If you already have the "Material" characteristic flagged, I think you are okay to make changes as per this part of the SAP documentation (pg 44 & 45) ...

You can change the material determination in any way. You can also change the

characteristics to be used for material determination. The materials are newly determined

every time you start resource-related billing or any other business process. Remember

that a changed material can cause changed prices in an existing pricing of a project. Also,

if you set the DI w/ material sign in the profile usage, you could lose unbilled dynamic

items if the material determination fails after this change.

You really are influencing the material determination which by SAP documentation is 'okay'. If of great concern, I would suggest some testing in your DEV or QAS environment. However, spend some time with the documentation as I believe it clarifies your question. Please revert if you need more.

Thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

your answer was very helpful.

Thanks

Krystyna