cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File content conversion record set per message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Problem:- File is of huge size because of which file content conversion is taking longer time and is failing.

File format:-

Header

Detail

Detail

Header

Detail

Detail

Detail

Detail

Header

Detail

Detail

Trailer

Trailer has total count of all detail record,header record and there are few checks as well as wrt other fields.

We need to do all the above validation on the file and if it successful it shud process it otherwise alert shud be raised.

As a step:-

I have used record set per message for splitting up the file because of huge size this functionality is working fine but because of spitting of file i am not able to do trailer validation as XI is creating multiple records with different message ID's

Is any other approch which will help to achieve both Spliting as well as validation

chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. use a file adapter to do the validation for you.

2. then use the message transform bean to do the content conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx shaz for prompt reply.

1. use a file adapter to do the validation for you.

What do u mean by that? can u describe in detail

2. Can message transpformation bean handle huge file for conversion?

chirag

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry i meant a module

and yes, you can use the messagetransformbean .. it has all the functionality of the normal FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF message transformation bean dont have handling huge file then i think my scenario will be simple I can handle the validation in graphical mapping and raise an alert.

Let me try n get back to u .

Thnx for the inputs.

chirag

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> and yes, you can use the messagetransformbean .. it has all the functionality of the normal FCC

... except message splitting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx will try n get back to u both

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Aug 2, 2010 7:04 PM

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Aug 2, 2010 7:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan n Shabarish,

Still wanted to confirm u once again- can Message transformation bean handles file with 50MB data?

Because i see the functionality is similar to FCC only.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Aug 3, 2010 2:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

is there any specific parameter in message transformation bean where v can split the message like in FCC request per message option.

message transformation bean is working with 5MB of file but not above that.

Is adapter module will serve the purpose-

I wanted to read whole file as one object n then i will do all the validation onc e validation is done FCC will spilt the file using Record set per message.

How do I read whole file as one object?

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Aug 4, 2010 11:58 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag,

simplest scenario I can think of is splitting the 2 reqs.

1. create 2 folders, one for "in process" files and other for "validated" files.

2. create 2 scenarios:

2.1. your current sender system to in process folder (whatever to File).

=> In this you just do the validation, without FCC. You could create a simple module for that or even do it at mapping runtime, as you said (mapping may be easier to handle errors), and throw a runtime exception (which will eventually trigger an alert).

=> At the end, only files that go successfully throug the validation will be located in the "In Process" folder.

2.2. do a simple file to file scenario (from "In Process" to "Validated" folder), this time executing FCC & splitting messages if necessary.

Of course, this will only work if the module/mapping is able to process the large file anyway (hopefully yes, since it will still be a flat file and not XML yet).

BR,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx Pinto for another appraoch.

chirag

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually File is your sender, right?

Then your first scenario would be file to file (without FCC, from in process to validated folder & with validation module/mapping) and 2nd would be File (with FCC, from validated folder) to whatever receiver you have (SAP system, probably).

BR,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used adapter module for validation once validation is through record set per message splits the file.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

In the sender file adapter configuration

Try mentioning *100 in file name parameters using which only 100 records are picked at every interval.\

Regards,

Sainath Chutke