cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested Company Codes issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a unique problem. My client has implemented SRM5.0 with one backend system, say BK1 for one of their regions. And, now they are implementing the same SRM5.0 system with an additional SAP backend system, say BK2 for another region. (i.e The backend systems used by both the regions is different, but SRM system is same).

In the organizational structure, they have already created the root node defining it as company code X (which refers to BK1 system). I need to assign the new region entities to the org structure which have been replicated from HR structure of BK1 (all the entities from BK1 and BK2 have been maintained in the Org Chart of BK1, and the same as been replicated to SRM Org Structure).

Now, I have to assign the new entities which are specific to the BK2 system under the root node which refers to company code X of BK1. The problem is, since the company code X is defined as root node and refers to BK1, I am unable to assign attribute "System Alias for Accounting System" as BK2. It is taking value BK1 by inheritance. And, I am unable to change this value.

Also, I am unable to exclude the irrelevant values (from the new BK2 entities) for company code attributes, which refer to inherited values of BK1 system.

Can anyone tell me a solution to this problem?

Thanks n Regards,

Ancy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ancy,

Did you check inheritance type for 'ACS' attribute in OOATTRCUST transaction ?

In Attributes/Scenarios folder, you can change it (normal inheritance, local values overwrite inherited values, etc.). This should cover your requirement.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the response. I had set the attributes correctly. But, system was not allowing me to change it previously. Now, I have defined company code Y and BK2 as the local company in functions tab. Now, the system has allowed me to change the attributes. Now, in the functions tab for the user, I can see the new company assignment. Also, I have defined the same company code as attribute BUK. But, I am still unable to see the company codes in the drop-down of the web screen. What is the reason for this? Is it because my root node points to company code X of BK1 system? How do I correct this issue?

Regards,

Ancy

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look at thread below:

[Difference between Functions tab, Attributes tab, Responsibility tab|;

You should manage BUK attribute.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lauren,

I had undertood that thread link and so had already maintained the values for the BUK attribute for the user, but it is still not shown in the Company Code field of the web page. The field is blank with no values when I search in the web screen. How do I solve this problem?

Regards,

Ancy