cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ume.superadmin.password not able to set!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have used the below procedure to reset Administrator Password in our EP System.

1. Start the config tool

2.Under services look for com.sap.security.core.ume.service property and click on it

3. Under global properties we will have to look for:

ume.superadmin.activated and ume.superadmin.password

4. Currently the value of ume.superadmin.activated is false. Click on set and change its value to True to activate the user.

Note: The SAP* user is now activated. While it is activated, all other users are deactivated. You can only log on with the SAP* user.

Click on ume.superadmin.password property and then set. Change the password as you like.

Note: Now you will have to restart SAP Web AS JAVA for these changes to take effect.

Login with sap* user, unlock the admin password and then again deactivate sap* password..

But when I am able to set value for sap* in ume.superadmin.password it is throwing error :

Incorrect Value : The value is different from previous..I tried restart the system & tried it many times but giving the same error..I have already set ume.superadmin.activated to true..Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the people who will later come the thread looking for the answer.

Just enter first new value in the field on the bottom of the ConfigTool screen for setting passwd.

It really reads the keyboard, although it shows static cursor.

Then press Set and retype this password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

mike_canonica
0 Kudos

How?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please set the password different from your previous password.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried many times but it is not working..

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are in the field ume.superadmin.password, plese press End key on the keyboard and then use backspace key to delete each letter until you delete all. Then enter the desired password and hit 'Set'. Once done please enter the same password again when prompted.

Regards,

Snehal