cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD - Subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD experts,

Could you please help me with subcontracting process from subcontractor point of view?

Process description :

- Customer sends some parts to me (Inbound delivery is created in SAP) free of charge. I need to repair those and send back to the customer, again fee of charge, ONLY SERVICE WILL BE INVOICED.

How can I perform :

- Free of charge GR

- Return repaired parts back to customer AND create invoice upon outbound delivery, where only service will be charged

- Protect parts which I will receive from customer from consumption by another process (meaning MRP will not touch these particular parts)

If there is some standard SAP solution, or document or something reg. this case, kindly please provide link.

Thanks in advance for replies,

Milan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Milan

You should be able to use Repairs processing from CS module with some tweaks, like not having any components but only service tasks in the Service order and no loaners/exchange materials. You will post the GR to Sales Order stock so it won't be used by any other order. See the link from SAP documentation:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/00/044f350bea3278e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for very helpful answer..

Point awarded.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with the following proposal

1) Create the material say M1A in receiving plant with material type UNBW.

2) While doing MIGO, only stock quantity will get updated without any values

3) Create the BOM in CS01 following regular PP process for the above, keeping M1 as component material and the header material be M1A.

4) Confirm the service by one operation with material code M1A (material type HALB) through MFBF (Item Category Group NORM /

5) While doing PGI, stock at servicing plant will get reduced.

6) HALB being sold to customer with ED, Cess, Tax etc.

7) Raise an invoice (charging ONLY for service charges)

😎 TDS applicable

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi