Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redlining function in DMS Display mode

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Today when I am viewing thru CV03N display function, I could able to do redlining new layer creation. Is it std. functionality ?

I want to have authorization for redlining layer creation only in create (CV01N ) and change (CV02N) mode. Is it possible? If so how to do it ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per logic it should not happen.

Plz check if you can be able to save the changes.

Regards

Abhijit

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

As per logic it should not allow, thats what I surprised. For that reason only when I found that issue I posted on the forum.

Today also I checked in dispaly mode. I created a layer and saved. I came out of the transaction & re enter the transaction. I could able to see newly created layer along with old ones.

How to control this ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I dont think its necesary to redline only in create/display.

The reviewer might view the document and write his comments in display mode based on his authorizationalso as per my opinion.

Regards

Prasad K

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

If a person is reviewing means he should do in change mode. In display mode he should do only viewing not putting any comments.

In Std. SAP in any transaction we can't do any changes / reviewing in diplay mode, only we can do in change mode.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sai,

I think you might have all authotizations. Kindly check the redlining functionality works for the user who is having only display authorization. In this case a user who is having only display authorization if not able to write comments thru redlining then your purpose gets solved. But if a user having only display authorization can write comments then we can think about restricting him.

Kindly check the with user who is having only display authorization and revert back to me.

Hope this will help much.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Am in agreement with you after testing this scenario.

From what i understand, the rationale behind this is that, in CV03n, a user will only be restricted to view the DIR and if needed,create a markup layer for an original file. Suppose he was granted CV02n authorization also, then he could as well modify the DIR parameters/meta data in addition to creating a markup layer for an original file. Hence, markup feature can be enabled for CV02n and CV03n transactions.Hope this sorts the confusion.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

This all because of authorization objects values given to object: C_DRAW_MUP, Authorization for Markups. When a person is having display of DIR, and if want to give markup display we should give value as display ACTVT of C_DRAW_MUP.

Accordingly as per business need we can give create , change , display... authorization irrespective of transactions.

So if the business requirement is to change markup in "display DIR" role, that can be given thru this object : C_DRAW_MUP , for ACTVT.

I hope this clears confusion.

Regards,

Sai Krishna