Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disply language in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use French as logon language in my R/3 system . When I go to user master record using SU01 for any user it displays all its information in English. What should be done in order to display them in its logon language instead of English?

Regards,

Arvid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Check parameter zcsa/system_language in RZ11 for the language

Also check SAP Note 30287

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Check parameter zcsa/system_language in RZ11 for the language

Also check SAP Note 30287

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you system has French translation then it should appear in French. Check what you can see in transaction SMLT.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you have already imported French in your SAP system. Make sure that you have imported the French content of all the support packages.

This can be done as follows,

Execute SMLT

Select the language from the list and press"shift+F11"

This will list all the support packages imported into ur system. Make sure that the status is green for all the packages. Select the patches for which the status is other than green and then press "F6" to proceed to the next step.

Note : You need to have all the SP's of the status other than green in your EPS/inbox for importing the language content.

Best Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want to translate the address data itself from English to French...?

I know that you can format some of it country and language dependently, but translation would be quite some project...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

Yes, you are correct. Is it possible to maintain multiple languages for address data otherwise let me know the best way to translate the address data to French?

Regards,

Aravid

0 Kudos

The drop down boxes and the screen in SU01 itself is translated.

Did you add more titles of your own and want these available in French as well, or do you want to translate the people's names, telephone numbers, etc?

Cheers,

Julius

ps: I deleted an irrelevant link posted to this thread.

0 Kudos

I am really interested in Department and Name fields.

Regards,

Arvind

0 Kudos

No, I cannot see any way for you to be able to do this for such free text fields.

Cheers,

Julius