Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create event to start sap business workflow

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to raise an event in java webdynpro which starts a business workflow.

The Workflow already exists, There is a ESS with java webdynpro, which uses floorplan manager. When an employee enters some data in the ESS and clicks on the "Save" button, an event should be raised by the appplication (to start a business workflow)

My problem is, that I don't know:

-How to raise that event in java webdynpro?

-Where to raise that event in java webdynpro?

I've already modified the view, and it works perfectly (If the user clicks on the "Save" button, the entered data transfered to the SAP system.) The application is using the floorplan manager, and I can't find the "Save" button, therefor, can't raise the event, when the user clicks on it

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thead: [FPM Button|;

[Events in FPM|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/eventsinFPM]

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

I've already found that description. I set up the FPM in the portal. I registered a new event :

Event type = Save

EventID = "SAVE"

Description = "Save the infotype"

I have a Business Object, in the R/3 system which has an event called ".ON_CHANGE_INFOTYPE" This event starts a workflow.

My question is: How can I start this workflow??

The process should be something like this:

User clicks "Save" on the portal -> The FPM creates the "SAVE" event -> the SAVE event invokes the ONCHANGE_INFOTYPE_ -> the ON_CHANGE_INFOTYPE starts the workflow.

So what should I do? Create the event in the embended view and catch in in the onSAVE method? How can I start the workflow int he R3 system from the java webdynpro portal?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

FPM