cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms display incorrect font

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I Install font Monotype Corsiva using SE73 and then use this font within Smartforms.

When print preview, my document displayed using different dont. But when i print, my document printed using font Monotype Corsiva.

How to solve this problem?

Smartforms display incorrect font, but printed correctly.

Thanks,

Jatra Riwayanto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatra,

Hi,

As John mentioned you must install the Monotype Corsiva True Type Font in the windows PC so that the GUI can use the font to display the characters.

You must also tell the SAP system the name of the Windows font. This can be done via transaction SE73 -> Font Families, button

'RTF font info'. See SAP Note #130658 which describes what you have to enter here.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I wanna know what did you mean with "You must also tell the SAP system the name of the Windows font" ?

I have a similiar problem but mine the text in the smartforms strike by #

I have installed the fonts in 4.7, but when I upgraded it to Ecc6.0 the font is still exist, but the text displayed is being striked with #.

I have checked like you have said in SE73, my font family is ZCORSIVA and the RTF Text is FONT Monotype Corsiva. is there something wrong with it?

many many thanks

@addition :

I have changed the RTF Text from FONT Monotype Corsiva to Monotype Corsiva (TrueType). But it didn't work. any idea?

Edited by: AbaPJuNioR on Aug 31, 2010 6:13 AM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you get a # character, usually this means that the character set of the used device type does not support the character. what characters are replaced by #? Are they different language characters? Try using Unoicode cascasding fonts device type

and check the result.(see SAP note #812821)

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I tried the OSS note as you suggested. It's working fine except for Italics. I uploaded the Calibri TTF. In Editor, the italics is being displayed correctly. If printing, it is also correct. But in Print Preview, it is being replaced by another font (Helvetica, I guess).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could be wrong on this but I believe that the SMARTFORMS print preview is generated using the Windows fonts on your PC. You mentioned that you loaded the font correctly in SE73 and that the printout appears to be using the correct font. It sounds like your print preview on the PC is not using the correct font.

I wonder if this would be resolved if you ensured that the Monotype Corsiva font was installed on the PC as a font available to the Windows environment.