cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MM-SUS for Direct Material ( i.e. Ext Classic Scenario)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are planning to have the Classic Scenario in SRM 7.0 with SUS. So it will be SUS-MM scenarion and it supports only for Classic Scenario,

But when there is a case of Direct Materials [ Manual or through PDP ( Ext Req) ], it is SAP by defaullt setting that , system determine Extended Classic Scenario.

Now , if SUS-MM supports only to Classic scenario ,then we can collaborate the Orders of Direct Material genereted through Ext Classic Scenario in SUS ?

Confused over these contrast . Can any one suggest that how to get both one in SUS-MM ?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Narendra :

I am also confused about this situation. Just because of the requiments which are from different place .

You create the SC in SRM system .and you create the PR in ERP .And then you decide the source of supplier in the two system .

To the Direct Material , you can assign the supplier in ERP ,.When there is no one supplier for this mateial , the PR should send to the SRM ,and do the "Sourcing "(RFX -Contract ),then you can create the PO according the contract in the ERP sustem .

In this situation ,you shoud enhance the program about the sending PR from ECC to SRM .

BR!

Alex !

Edited by: Alex on Aug 2, 2010 10:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reply.

It seems here is some confusion. PDP of Dircet Material is standard SRM secarion where we can soure the requieremnets generted in various SAP Module like PS, PM , SD, APO..etc. So We just hav eintenstion to source the requiermnet in Sourcing cockpit to create the PO .

Okay. For time being , forget the PDP of Direct Material.

Just take the Direct Material ( For which we mention inventory or we procure for stock) only.

By SAP standard / defualt setting , for Direct Material , local PO is generted ,althoug we have mentioned Classic Senrion setting for the same . And it is Extended Classic Scenarion. Right!

At another side , it is SAP standrad that SUS-MM senarion support for only CLASSIC SCENARIO.

Then , my conern is how we can send these Local orders for dircet Material to Supplier via SUS ? Wether it is not possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Narendra :

I got the reply from SAP supporter that the MM-SUS can't be used in the Extended Classic Scenario .because in the scenario the leading PO is created in the EBP ,not MM .

I suggest that you can consider the decoupled scenario .

Bestregards !

Alex !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

It is nothing but Decoupled scenarion, since we are using Classic as well as Ext Classic as well. Isn't it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any one can please clear my doubt ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to maintain dual scenario - SUS-MM and SUS-SRM to support you requirement.

Only challange is the PI setup, so that the follow-on documents are directed to the respective systems.

Thanks,

-Devi Swain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i Understand from ur query is direct material procurement in SRM supports ext classic, can we use SUS for this...

Yes you can use SUS but it should be SRM-SUS....not MM-SUS.

MM-SUS supports only classic scenario...

Thanks

Abdul Raheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Yes ! you understood right.

Okay it will be EBP-SUS scenarion .Then what is about my backend POs ( generted in Classic Scenario as well as manually in MM).

So, as suggested by ......... I need to have both MM-SUS as well as EBP-SUS in place to send ALL orders ? I'm right ? It'll increase more complexity in PI configuration.

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We havenot used both scenarios...used only MM-SUS.

I dont think any complexity with XI configuration...

Lets see some body in the forums can add their expereinces on this..

Abdul Raheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other option is Ext Classic PO editable in ECC for message purpose & then do MM-SUS for all PO's

This is make process much easiler for system as well as users.

Regards,

NNK

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create Direct materials PO in backend ERP system using PDP. By standard SRM creates local PO for PDP requirements (Direct Procurement). So you need to change this by making some enhancements in SRM as below.

1. When PDP PR transfers to SRM, system assign "DP" flag to the field BBP_PD_IGP-SUBTYPE and this flag treats this requirement as direct material and creates local PO. SRM standard design for direct materials is to create local PO.

2. Using Badi in SRM remove the flag "DP"

3. Then system treat it as indirect and creates backend PO.

4.One more thing to consider here...generally for direct materials acct assmt is not required where as acct assmt is mandatory in SRM and hence system assigns the defautl acct assmt from the system user org structure(Aleremote or WF_batch which ever you set up for PDP in the org structure). So do not maintain any accf details for this user in org structure. Then the SC will be created wiyhout acct assmt.

This would help you creating classic PO for PDP.

Regrads,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Nitin. You are right.by doing soem enhancement for treating direct Mat as Indirect..set up will be easy.

But one more concern..client wanna Service Procurement ( Ext Stafffing) scenarion as well and I learnt that it only supports in Standalone deployment with EBP-SUS scenarion.

Then how this can be addrssed by only MM-SUS ? Plz suggest....

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 7.0 Service Procurement is only supported in Classic. So it should not be problem.

Regards,

NNK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I learnt is...SRM 7.0 supports in Classic is for Simple Services. Thats ok.

But , I am concern about External Staffing Services with Time Entry Sheet....Time Entry sheet symboul comes for Local Prod Cat only.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Just installed SRM 7.0 and PI 7.1 and planning to configure SUS-MM using existing ECC. Could you please forward the related configuration documentation and screen shots if available.

Thank You,

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the Config documnet on https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/support and find another documnet S61_Scen_ConfigGuide_EN_DE on google ,since we can not type mail id here.

Regards

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Resolved .

Answers (0)