Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch mode on JDBC adapter

sabyasachi_mohapatra3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello XI Experts

Could anyone please provide more information about how to use the Batch mode in JDBC adapter. I would be sending about 200,000 records from abap proxy to oracle. Is it better to adopt the batch mode approach or the splitting of data in chunks approach so as to have a better performance while sending huge volumes of data.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Batch mode will be used to execute group of SQL statements at a time and it will improve the performance.

but in your case sending 2lac records at a time will def create problems,my suggestion is split the data in to small chunks and send to data base,it will not create any problems.

if you want split the data use java mapping , using that we can easily split the number of records in to small chunks.

write a log in java mapping split the data in to 10000 records every time, out put stream will return multiple records,suppose you have 200000 records,if you are trying to split the data in to 10000 records,java OUTPUT stream will return 20 messages

this is my idea,,if you find any other best way to split data,follow that.

Regards,

Raj

sabyasachi_mohapatra3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

But if i will be splitting the source message into 20 target messages,then i cannot achieve the rollback mechanism since the split messages would not be in the same transaction mode. My requirement is like if any record insertion fails then all the previous insertions should also get rollbacked.Could you please suggest any approach for this.