cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Tuples deletion and update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a serious problem related to MDM 7.1 we have 3 main tables in repository i.e staging area wf_projects and material. The problem is that using generated web services we are not able to delete the tuples if they are not direct inside the main table. Like lets say main table is parent and there is one child tuple and in side child tuple there is grand child tuple now using a webservice we are not able to delete the grand child or update the grand child. if i am using a update service its updating the fields which are changed and the fields which i have deleted are not getting deleted from particular tuple i.e lets say i have 5 fields in tuple. i changed 2 fields and deleted 3 fields now i am executing the update service the changed fields are getting change that is fine but the fields i have deleted are not getting deleted. Please help and let me know if more explanation is needed.

Thanks & Regards

Jeetendra Choudhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeetendra,

1) To delete a complete tuple record is not supported by MDM webservices.

2) To delete a perticular field value in MDM, using update webservice, you have to set the parameter "ApplyNullValuesToMDM" to true in the configuration parameters of the webservice.

hope this helps,

let me know if this works..

Cheers,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Thanks for your response although this doesn't solve my problem but it do give me a light for work-around.

Thanks & Regards

Jeetendra Choudhary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am also looking for the answer of same question of this thread. Please explain if someone has any idea how to delete tuple from a main table using MDM web services.