Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Customer Hierarchy Type for VDH1N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am currently attempting to restrict the t-code VDH1N as there is a request to restrict the Customer Hierarchy Type within the transaction code. I have executed VDH1N and analyzed the ST01 trace results and found no authorization objects which relate to this field within the t-code.

SAP simply checks for the following objects the way the system is currently configured: S_TCODE (standard check), S_PROJECT, and V_KNA1_VKO. I then resorted to checking SU24 to see whether any of the objects relate to Customer Hierarchy Type and here is what I found (none seem to relate to this field):

S_ADMI_FCD	System Authorizations
S_DATASET	Authorization for file access
S_DEVELOP	ABAP Workbench
S_DOKU_AUT	SE61 Documentation Maintenance Authorization
S_GUI		Authorization for GUI activities
S_PRO_AUTH	IMG: New authorizations for projects
S_PROJECT	Project Management: Project authorization
S_RFC		Authorization Check for RFC Access
S_TCODE		Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start
S_TRANSLAT	Translation environment authorization object
V_KNA1_VKO	Customer: Authorization for Sales Organizations

I performed a search on this forum and there is no mention of t-code VDH1N either. Can anyone suggest any possibilities to restrict this field using standard authorization objects?

Thanks and Kind Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I quickly checked the code and it looks like there is no check for Customer Hierarchy Type. You need to go with custom object. There is a routine check_authority where all authorization checks for sales. org.,distr. channel and division are performed. It looks like a good spot to add custom authorization check. You can easily enhance it using one of twi implicit enhancement points: start and end of routine.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I quickly checked the code and it looks like there is no check for Customer Hierarchy Type. You need to go with custom object. There is a routine check_authority where all authorization checks for sales. org.,distr. channel and division are performed. It looks like a good spot to add custom authorization check. You can easily enhance it using one of twi implicit enhancement points: start and end of routine.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thank you for the informative reply. I sort of suspected this as I could not find an authorization object relating to this field. I will get back and let the requester know that an enhancement will be required if restriction is required at this level.

0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Did you end up creating a custom Authorization Object to check for Customer Hierarchy Type? I didn't find any Authorization Objects for Customer Hierarchy. If yes, which user exit did you use to call the custom Authorization Object?

Thank you,

Chuck