cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU-SU NUMBER RANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friday Afternoon and I have another question......

I have a warehouse created in an HU Managed SLOC

I have also specified that this Warehouse is SU Managed.

Now I want HU and SU to be same numbers.

I have set up

HANDLING UNIT MANAGEMENT --> BASICS --> TECHNICAL BASICS --> DEFINE NUMBER RANGES FOR HANDLING UNIT and I have set Interval 01 with some values.

I have also gone to

LOGISTICS EXECUTION --> WAQREHOUSE MANAGEMENT --> MASTER DATA --> DEFINE NUMBER RANGES

There is my question : Do I need to enter a Number Range Interval for STORAGE UNIT, or is it unnecessary as HU NUMBERS will be used?

Also I understand I have to set up CONVERSION FOR STORAGE UNIT NUMBER in that same screen,

So again my question is in order to have same HU and SU number for an HU managed SLOC, do I need to enter a NumberRange Interval for the SU?

This is an easy one for someone who has done it before.....

Thanks for your help,

Alain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in case of HUs you have two numbers:

1) internal system handling unit identification using an internal number range (VEKP-VENUM):

- you can maintain this under transaction vnkp

- this number is used internally by the system

2) external handling unit identification (VEKP-EXIDV):

=> you can choose between two types of external identifications in case HUM is activated, you can maintain this under tr. vhar

a) if a unique identifier is only required within one client, you can use number range HU_VEKP (u2018Bu2019)

- you can maintain the number range in tr. huex or snro with object HU_VEKP

b) a unique identifier, which applies across the whole system, is only possible when an SSCC18 is allocated (u2018Au2019)

- you can maintain the number range in tr. snro with object LE_SSCC

- you will also have to assign number range object, interval and base ILN number to organizational units

=> you can give this external handling unit identification number manually for an HU or the system assigns it automatically when the HU is created, you can maintain two number ranges for this and you can add it in tr. vhar

a) for internal number assignment: the SAP System automatically assigns a sequential number from the specified number range

b) for external number assignment: when creating a handling unit, you use a number from the external number range

========================================

Handling unit management and storage unit management are activated independently from each other.

In case if storage location is full-WM- AND HU-managed the storage unit management is always active and HU numbers are taken over as SU numbers. In all other cases HUM and SUM are independent from each other and number ranges must be set a way that they are not overlapping.

Regards,

Ely

Edited by: Eleonora Juhasz on Aug 27, 2010 11:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ely,

thanks you very much for your answer.

This explains everything very well.

Alain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you use HU in your warehouses, it is only the HU number range that is needed to be defined. This number range is considered by the system for the SU's when they are in Warehouse. The HU-SU assignment gets linked when you had assigned the packaging material type to the storage unit type in SPRO for HU at WM node.

If you need it in a descriptive way, below is SAP's content on it:

Link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a3/1939516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/frameset.htm]

Amit G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

But I guess when I do not understand it takes a lot of details to explain it to me.....

"When you use HU in your warehouses, it is only the HU number range that is needed to be defined. This number range is considered by the system for the SU's when they are in Warehouse. The HU-SU assignment gets linked when you had assigned the packaging material type to the storage unit type in SPRO for HU at WM node."

OK for that point. I think I understand the link.

But Am I right in saying that If I have also under my warehouse a Storage Location that is not HU Managed, I would need to enter an SU NUMBER RANGE in that warehouse if I want That NON HU MANAGED STORAGE LOCATION to be SU MANAGED?

Also, in the config under

HANDLING UNIT --> BASICS --> TECHNICAL BASICS --> DEFINE NUMBER RANGE FOR HANDLING UNITS

Am I right in assuming that this number range is internal only and the user has no interaction with these numbers?

NOW MY QUESTION :

If I am not going to use SSCC.

I still need to enter an EXTERNAL NUMBER RANGE FOR HUs in order to generate the numbers that will be created BY packing IN MY inbound deliveries.

Do I enter that NUMBER RANGE in the following point of config under

HANDLING UNITS --> EXTERNAL IDENTIFICATION --> NUMBER RANGE MAINTENANCE FOR HU IDENTIFICATION

If the answer is yes, do I have to select the "EXT" button? I am already in a point of config that creates EXTERNAL IDENTIFICATION.

Are these the numbers that the users will see when Packing and UNPAcking?

Are these the numbers that the users wil use to INQUIRE on the HUs?

ETC.

IS there another place in the config where I have to enter a NUMBER RANGE FOR THE HUs?

As you can see, I am pretty confused and unsure of myself....and I like to understand things, not only do them......

So if anybody can explain it to me, it will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Alain