Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU - SU CONFIGURATION Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to confirm something with you.

I have setup my config for HU., but I am now ready to test and I doubt myself....once I have material in that Storage Location, there is not much I can do if I am wrong.

So can you please confirm this point.

In the Storage Location configuration, I have one entry for :

PLANT / SLOC/ PARTNER SLOC / SALES ORG / DISTR CH / SHIPPING / DIVISION /VENDOR / CUSTOMER / HU REQ

My question concerns the fields DISTR CH / SHIPPING / DIVISION : Do I need one entry in that tabe for each possible combination of these three elements? What happens if I leave them blank? Can I use ***** as a "catch all" value?

All other fields are constant : they only have one possible value.....therefore always the same content for these fields.

And also, if I do not put all entries in now, will I be able to add them later as HU REQ?

I am afraid I could not be able to do so, because they would have to be created in the same PLANT / SLOC / SALES ORG and I will have stock in that SLOC by then.

And my understanding is that once you have stock in an HU REQ Sloc, you cannot change it.

If that is the case, I am afraid to test, because I will have to reconfigure an entire warehouse.....

CAN anybody help me with that one please.

Alain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Yes, you can leave the sales area (sales org. dis.channel,..) blank.

2. When posting movement on a HU managed storage location, you must sepcify the HU number which is to be moved.

In MIGO (or other MB* tcode), it's not possible to set HU there. Therefore, system will automatically create a delivery when posting movement in MIGO. (for inward movement, inbound delivery is created. for outward movmenet, outbound delivery is created.) When creating delivery, system has to fill the sales area in delivery header. Then system will take the setting here as the default value when creating delivery.

3. You can activate the setting of T001L-XHUPF when there is no stock in that storage location.

You can de-activate T001L-XHUPF anytime.

Change from HU-managed to non-HU-managed -> it's ok to change anytime.

Change from non-HU-managed to HU-managed -> it's possible only after the stock is cleared.

I think you can test with it.

Edited by: Harry Wu on Aug 2, 2010 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much to both of you guys.

Your answers are the kind of information I was looking for.

You improved my understanding of this aspect a lot.

Thanks again,

Alain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can keep the DISTR CH / SHIPPING / DIVISION fields blank, it takes care of all the entries; present and future.

Amit G