cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the steps as specified in the below blog and successfully done the configuration.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

I have tested the configuration using Report : RSALERTTEST, Able to send message to Alert Inbox and to E-mail. But my requirement is I want to send Alert email when there is any error during the mapping in the runtime. I have posted the wrong XML to get error during the mapping, but no alert email was sent.

What was the problem? Can you please suggest on this?

Thanks,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked this note already:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Perhaps you can find more information about how to configure alerts.

Please check the note and also how you have configured that.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleted and recreated the Alert config. Now its working fine. Thanks for all your help

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have posted the wrong XML to get error during the mapping, but no alert email was sent.

Did the mapping threw (went into) an error....can you see a red flag in SXMB_MONI? error in mapping is error in Integration engine...so accordingly option should be selected in RWB --> Alert Configuration....also uncheck the option Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule.

But my requirement is I want to send Alert email when there is any error during the mapping in the runtime

If the requirement is to throw a custom error from mapping then you can even refer to Michal's blog on how to throw exception from mapping. (just for your knowledge): /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/26/xipi-throwing-generic-exceptions-from-any-type-of-mapping

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 31, 2010 10:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes I can see the red flag in SXMB_MONI and also I unchecked the option Suppress Multiple Alerts in the Rule.

My requirement is not a custom error from mapping.

I executed Program SXMSALERT_LOGREADER

Error message is : Communication_Failure:Error during the retieval of logon data stored in secure storage

Thanks,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

Try using the alert testing tool:

http://<host>:<port>/AdapterFramework/alerting/ping.jsp

Check the default trace files while testing.

regards,

Roshni