cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain hardware key during first installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm installing SAP Netweaver 7.0 and got stucked when the installer requested Solution Manager Key. I went to SAP site to generate the key and there I was requested the hardware key. As far as I understand, the hardware key may be obtained using saplicense program but I don't have it installed yet.

How can I provide the hardwaer key during installation?

Thanks

Renato

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you for your answer. But the problem is that I do not have Solution Manager installed yet. Do I have to install it before Netweaver?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. you need to have it......

Install Solman, besides merely providing solman keys for installations, it will provide a lot of other features and it is a sort of mandatory....

SAP recommends solman to be a part of your landscape.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes solman is mandatory for every new SAP System installations, also you can get your h/w key by executing :

"saplicense -get" command.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need solution manager system to generate the installer key..

Login into Solution manager system - and enter T-code SMSY

You may need to do the following steps:

1. Create a system by right clicking on System entry and select Create new system.

Enter the System Name i.e., SID (3 chars)

Product = (select from the list you which to install)

Product Version= (select from the list you which to install)

Save the entries.

2. Select Menu Item "System--->Other Configuration" and enter the SID which you have created earlier.

Enter the Server Name(hostname)

Finally click on Generate "Installation/Upgrade Key Button "

The system generates a Key ,copy that Key and paste it in the SAPINST screen when it prompts for Solman Key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you said you got stuck when system asked for Solman Key........ you can get solman key from SMSY tcode from solution manager system

Pls refer below link to get solman key..........once you provide it you can finish your installation successfully

_http://www.saptechies.com/step-by-step-procedure-to-generate-solution-manager-key-smsy-solution-manager-40/

Regards,

Brahmeshwar

Edited by: Poloju on Jul 31, 2010 1:24 AM