Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange form behavior with enabled = false

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on an interactive form in ABAP webdynpro where after the user creates and saves the form, it is displayed, and they have to click Edit if they want to change again. So after Save, I dynamically set the 'enabled' property of the form to 'false' via a context element which is bound to that property. That basically seems to be working fine.

Here's what is weird. Subsequently, the displayed form has the following problems:

1) fields that in livecycle have the visibility set to 'Visible (Screen Only)' appear in the printed version. (Screen Only means they should not print, and this works fine when the 'enabled' property is true)

2) the dropdown fields cannot be edited but still the dropdown arrows show on the screen! (Ugh.) The arrows don't print, which is good, but I don't want them to display, either.

I am thinking of passing a 'mode' property and using javascript to correct the issues but it seems like it shouldn't be necessary.

Has anyone seen this and have any suggestions?

Netweaver 7.01

LiveCycle Designer 8.1

Adobe Reader 9.3

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margaret ,

You can solve these issues by making the whole form "Read Only" using javascript rather than changing the property of the form.

You can get this code in one of the SUBMIT buttons provided in the library provided by Lifecycle Designer.

Look for button which has description" Make Form ReadOnly After Submit" ( I dont remember the exact description).

The button has a function called ReviewCopy which can be used for your purpose.

1) This problem will be solved as your form property is enable.

2) The dropdown arrow in the button wont be seen by making the field ReadOnly through javascript.

I do not have LC designer now or else I would have given you the code.

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful replies. I had implemented Omkar's solution and it worked fine, before I saw Ralf's. I will try Ralf's approach next time, since it does seem like a better approach, but at least I know I can use the script Omkar pointed me to, and that has solved my immediate problem.

Margaret

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Why don't you set the property "readOnly" dynamically?

Switching this property instead of "enabled" has several advantages:

1. It's more performant (because the "readOnly" state of the form will be switched only, whereas switching the "enabled" property causes Web Dynpro to provide a new (non-interactive) PDF)

2. The "view state" of the form doesn't get lost. Have you already detected that the zoom factor or the scroll position of the form gets lost with your solution? Using the "readOnly" property avoids this!

Ralf

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you want to have a better control over enabling/disabling few fields, a better option could be to include those fields in a subform, and enable/disable the subform, for more details see:

[Disabling All Fields Within a Subform|http://forms.stefcameron.com/2010/03/08/disabling-all-fields-within-subform/]

regards,

BJagdishwar.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

I found the answer to problem 1: set the target version to at least 8.0. Didn't solve the spurious arrows though.