Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error inALE service (Segment type not maintained in Message type) status:29

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Need your help.

I have a added the a segment to the message type and which is linked in WE82( Message type:Debmas,basic type:debmas06 and extensionZxxx). And the segment is also set for release.It is an outbound senario. When i process it manually in WE19 using the basic type with the enhancement and via message type (with the message type and the extended type) I can process the idoc and the segment whic i have added with the following fields are displayed. But when i post the customer in BD12 with the message type I am getting the error in BD87 as " error in ale service Segment type ZXXX does not exist in message type DEBMAS".

PLease do the needful. Its since 2 days I am struck with the same and was trying but I could not get any. Hope you guys might help me.

Anything else to be refreshed or anything else to be done except we31.we30, we81

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Farhy Farhy on Aug 2, 2010 12:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give your entry in WE20 properly Basic Type with Extension (Z Segment) on Outbound Option Tab for your logical system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the steps should be simple.

Create custom segment in WE 31 , link the segment in We82 with the message type

in partner profile , WE 20 , provide the extension. have u done that?

r u using custom process code, then you have to link it in code We57..

also in in We82, make sure you have choose the correct release version for ECC 6.0 u can choose 700..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mr. Das.

I have tried all the things and did not find any solution..

Posted after checking all the things and the procedure. I did not write any custom program. Earlier I created the extension type and deleted and created the new extension type. But now it is taking the same old extension type and giving the error as the extension type is not maintained in the message type.

I have deleted the old extension type completely but the old is onle getting reflected. Anything to be done to refresh.

Waiting for the reply.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked your entry for Partner Profile (WE20) for your logical system ?

Give entry for Extension (which you are using with Basic Type) in correct logical system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. I have checked my enty in the logical system to which now extension type is added..( I have deleted the output paramenter and created a new type) Even then the same error as Error inALE service (Segment type not maintained in Message type) status:29. Am not knowing what to do... Any other thing to refresh.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, Please also check Control data of your Idoc.

goto WE02 --> Double click on Idoc number --> Double Click on CONTROL Record.

Check Partner Tab --> Receipent Information --> What is the name of Partner Number ?

This Partner Number should be same as you are using in Partner Profile (WE20) & makiing entry for IDoc type with extension.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik,

Thanks for your reply... The extension type is not getting reflected in the type information.

Any process to check that. May be because of that I am getting the error in ALE service (Segment type not maintained in Message type) status:29.