cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool list recipient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to schedule a daily job and send the output spool request to an external email.

I did it by SM36 and it's working fine, but, yes there is a "but"

But I have to schedule the job via our own job scheduler (Visual TOM).

So what we did is to "schedule" a job via SM36 with a spool list recipient thatwill stay on a "Scheduled" status, and then from VTOM, configure it so that it will run that job.

AFAIK, VTOM can only run jobs that have a "scheduled" status and since the job is "finished", it won't run the job the next day.

So my question is if there is a way to automatically re-scheduled a finished job to status "scheduled" ?

Or do you have a better idea on how I can achieve my goal (sending spool list recipient via background jobs) ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't worked with the "TOM" job scheduler - but with other job schedulers (Maestro, Control M), all you do is create the job in SM36 and leave it in "scheduled" status without specifying any start time. Then the job scheduler will handle the rest and the status of that job will remain "scheduled" in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had maestro or TWS where we had just created the scheduled job in SAP and maestro would pick it up from SAP on one condition that JOB id in maestro matches with that in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does that mean your scheduler copy the "scheduled" job and run it, and so the job created in SM36 is left "unmodified" ?

Or maybe your scheduler (Maestro) handle everything and you kind of don't have to do anything ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm "re-opening" this thread because we could finally get some support from our scheduler VTOM.

They asked to enable XBP 2.0.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/f1/1cc79e845a4671b32d5fc43a71a33f/content.htm

I just want to know if there could be issues with our already-scheduled job if we activate XBP 2.0.

Thanks & regard

Edited by: Kennes Thierry on Oct 1, 2010 11:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can't you schedule the job for daily? there is an option in SM36 where you can set your job frequency. you have have only sceduled once. (You many know this but just incase)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

You are right, I can schedule the job daily, but as far as i know, if I do it, the job will actually run.

That's not what I want, I just want to create a job which will be at a "scheduled" status so that our own scheduler can run it.