Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Statistics of MKPF

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Table MKPF

Statistics are current (|Changes| < 50 %)
New Method EH
New Sample Size  ???

I am trying to update the Statistics of MKPF & MSEG table using DB20 but it tells me to give some NEW SAMPLE SIZE.

The LAST REFRESH FOR MKPF IS:

Old Method EX Date 29.03.2010
Old Sample Size P10 Time 01:14:05

Acutally I am executing MB51 which takes a lot of time thats why I am updating the statistics for the MKPF table which is being used by this TCODE.

Please advise,

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the bigger the sample, the better the stats.

but P30 should do the trick

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric for ur reply,

I want to ask why does this table is not giving me the new sample size by default like others (BSIS, BSAD, BSAS etc..).?

I just want to share that when I update statistics with BRTOOLS & DB13 (All Tables) then why the statistics for tables are not shown updated in the DB20? it only shows the old update statistics as shown below:

Table MSEG

Statistics are current (|Changes| < 50 %)
New Method EH
New Sample Size ???

Old Method EH Date 21.06.2010
Old Sample Size P3 Time 08:19:10

What will be the value of New Sample Size against MSEG because i am trying to create statistics of MSEG table on test system and table's statistics is not updating with P10 , P30.

there are some more tables are missing New Sample Size. so, plz tell me any method or formula for this value.

-Regards.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your stats for this table will be recalculated only when they is a 50% change on records since the last successful run.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Eric,

your stats for this table will be recalculated only when
 they is a 50% change on records since the last successful run.

OK

But dear i want to know what vl be the New Sample Size against MSEG table while you said P30 value for MKPF and this table successfully updated with P30 and now some tables are still missing New Sample Size and not updating with P10 and P30.

of other tables. is there any method to know the recommended New Sample Size because same table are not updating with P10, P30.please explain.

regards,

Answers (0)