cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling unit/packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My client req is in packing multilevel i.e., 100 books in to one box and again 4 box in to 1 container pls help me to configure this

with respect to production order.

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dirk_freyaldenhoven
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to create packing instructions, transaction POP1.

1. Create packing instruction for your first step (100 books in one box).

One item with category "P" for packaging material (box)

One item with category "M" for material (book)

2. Create packing instruction for secound step (4 boxes in one container).

One item with category "P" for packaging material (container)

One item with category "I" for packing instruction created in step 1

Now you have to create determination record with POF1.

Try with determination type STOC (we only use SHIP, for deliveries).

Enter your material (book) and packing instruction from step 1.

Try automatic packing with HU02 or COWBPACK.

Best Regards, Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming that both empty box and container would not come back from customer.

Define packing materials type Boxes and packing material group inner and also packing material type container and packing material group outer in logistics Execution-> Shipping ->Packing.

Now assign material type boxex to inner packing material group and container to outer packing material groups. Also you wiill have to assign boxes material type to outer packing material group as well because ultimately you are packing boxes in to containers which belongs to group outer.

Now define two new VERP material types boxes and containers and in basic data 1-> Packing material data assing the respective groups to the materilals also mention Item category group as VERP and do the necessary assignements for determiation of item category according to your sales document, You can make packing compulosry also by making relevant setting in delivery item category.

Now at the time of processing delveirs goto packing and you can pack 100 books ( or what ever you specify) in to boxoes and boxes into containers

Former Member
0 Kudos

noted with many thx. working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noted your replay with many thanks, now my client requirement has been changed like below kindly send me the configuration

steps.

100books in to 1box and again 4 boxes in to 1 container.

1).how do we identify or find in a container what are the boxes & Books available with batch.

2).where do we check the availability of packing materials.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

While doing production order with back flush is it possible to issue packing packing material automatically in production BOM?

with transaction co11n & cowbpack can include in single transaction kindly update me.

thanks in advance.

Chandu

Answers (0)