Did you mean: 

Solman E2E RCA implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We are heading to implement RCA in our landscape.. WE have Solman EHP1 at SPS22

I have done homework and formulated below steps to implement RCA

1. Install SMD agents in all managed systems

2. Install SAP HOST AGENT in managed systems (if it is not present, SAPHOSTAGENT is needed for SMD agent 7.11..... Is SAPHOSTAGENT needed in solman also???/)

3. Install Wily Introscope EM in Solman

4. Run SOLMAN_SETUP

i. This will install Wily Introscope agents in managed systems automatically

IS the above sequence is correct for RCA? or did I miss anything here?

I am bit confused about installing Wily introscope agents... how Solman will install them in managed system automatically during solman_setup? Will it download the agent sca file from smp and install in the managed system?

BR

Vardha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

==================================================================================================

2. Install SAP HOST AGENT in managed systems (if it is not present, SAPHOSTAGENT is needed for SMD agent 7.11..... Is SAPHOSTAGENT needed in solman also???/)

It's necessary install SapHostagent if you're running diagnostics agent 7.11 or a lower version. With 7.20, saphostagent will come installed automatically.

==================================================================================================

You must deploy the ISagent in Solution Manager System and when the agents of managed systems connect in Solution Manager, ISAgent will be deployed and updated automatically in all systems that are connecting in Solution Manager system.

Example:

When you'll execute an update of your solution manager and you updated components LM-SERVICE and ISAGENT. To execute this procedure you must enable "Maintenance Mode", in this case, all agent will be disconnected.

When you finish the upgrade of these components in your solution manager and you disable the Maintenance Mode, all agents will connect in solution manager system and will check that there's a newer version of ISAGENT and LM-SERVICE and all diagnostics agents and ISagents will be updated automatically.

If you check the log files of Diagnostics you'll see this deployment being executed automatically.

For more details check http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mateus,

Thanks for your patience to explain...

In our case we never implemented rca(wily/smd agents) in our landscape, we had solman at 7.0 .. to say it was mostly abandoned system not used for anything except ewa and mopz, recently we decided to use solman effectively in our landscape. As a first step we uprgaded solman to 7.0 ehp1 from 7.0..

So in our case we need to do everything from scratch.. so my doubt is if we install iagent in solman how will it deploy in managed system during solman_setup step........or do we have to install iagent manually in managed system first time

and could pls let me know if we need to install saphostagent in solman also...

BR

vardha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

You're correct, you can follow those 4 steps without problem. You can proceed with them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mateus,

Thanks for your help.

BR

Vardha

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello, my pleasure is help

As I stated before you don't need install the ISAgent in the managed system because this agent is already deployed automatically inside of Diagnostics agent. You can check the log files of your SMD agent in the managed system.

You'll need execute the configuration of ISAGENT in the Diagnostics setup, this is mandatory for each managed system, because you need select the instrumentations for each managed system, for example, it's a Enterprise Portal, you'll need select the Instrumentations modules for this product.

If you have Diagnostics Agent 7.11 installed in your solman system, you must install Saphostagent, it's mandatory.

Pay attention to always update this agent to the latest version. The latest in this moment is level 50.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks again

so the sequence of steps changes to

1. Install SMD agents in all managed systems (which installs ISagents as well)

2. Install SAP HOST AGENT in managed systems

3. Install Wily Introscope EM in Solman

4. Run SOLMAN_SETUP

Have I reached a step closer to my destiny?

BR

Vardha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

CAn you help me here?

BR

Vardha