cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing outbound flag from connector in RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about the purpose of the outbound connection flag on the connector. If I remove this I notice that the connection does not appear in the SAP adapter.

Is the function of this setting just to establish the link with the adapter so that risk terminator can be used. If this flag is not activated, can the connector still be used for risk analysis from RAR and included in background jobs?

Regards,

Niamh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Niamh,

the "Outbound Connection" will make sure the RFC Server for Risk Terminator/Firefighter (i.e. the "SAP Adapter") is being started.

No Outbound Connection, no SAP Adapter.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

do you know if it is possible to use connectors without the adapter e.g. run risk analysis and background jobs against them?

The reason I ask is - I have a DEV GRC system and a PRD GRC system. I want to connect both to my QAS sap systems, however I think PRD GRC is having problems creating this link. I dont need QAS risk terminator/FF connected to GRP so dont really require an adapter. Can the connector function without adapter in RAR?

Regards,

Niamh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connection will function without the adapter.

I'm doing that in my environment.

Thank you,

Partha

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure - the adapter is solely used for ABAP to Java connections. If you don't need that switch it off.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I find when I just create an outbound connection, RAR does not react well after a restart. I see CPIC errors in the backend systems. It is like as if it is still searching for a program id even though I do not have one set in the connector. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,

Niamh