Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am having some doubts for the following scenario:

SAP -> ABAP Proxy -> SAP R/3

I do not have PI or any other middleware in between and want to set up an ABAP Proxy at the R/3 side. An important note is that both SAP systems are NOT within the same landschape.

Is this scenario going to work?

Best regards,

Guido Koopmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer is NO. Without using XI you cannot use ABAP Proxies..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

Can you explain a bit more why not?

It's possible to generate ABAP Proxies on the R/3 side with the use of SE80. This will be a server proxy.

Best regards,

Guido Koopmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>It's possible to generate ABAP Proxies on the R/3 side with the use of SE80. This will be a server proxy.

The concept of ABAP proxies (atleast the one I know!!) is Outside In development meaning, you create the WSDL(Message/Service Interface) that represents the data in PI and then use this to create your abap proxies in your ECC.

If you dont have the Message structure, how do you create a proxy? (I guess you are talking about developing your own custom classes and not an ABAP proxy).

The ABAP proxy basically is a local integration engine that understands and communicates with PI in PI message format.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It's possible to generate ABAP Proxies on the R/3 side with the use of SE80. This will be a server proxy.

You can see the options available here..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ba/f21a403233dd5fe10000000a155106/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use ALE communication or genarate web serivces for function modules and try to call , these options will work.

Regards,

Raj