cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaveXML and LoadXML problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been struggling with the issue for long unable to find a solution.

My problem in short : I have a input box, the user enters some value in it and clicks on nextpage button to navigate to next page.

So before navigation I need to save the input box entry into XML so that when he returns back to page, I can load the data back using loadXML.

I am storing the savedXML in javascript array referencing the page and then retrieving the information based on page and trying to load the XML.

Currently I am doing a test run with two input boxes in same page.

I am entering some value in the input box and saving it as XML in another textbox. I edit this XML test box to change the entered value, then I hit loadXML button, so that the modified value sits in the textfield, but this is not happening.

the root node is data

my current code while saving

var sXML = xfa.form.data.Page_1.TextField1.saveXML();

TextField2.rawValue = sXML;

My current code while loading

xfa.datasets.data.loadXML(dataToLoad,0,1);

The new values doesnt seem to load................plssssssssssssss help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don´t understand why do you do this or you did not understand how you´re supposed to use Adobe forms.

Could you please elaborate a little about the task? Explain why do you insist on doing it this way.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,, thanks for your interest. You write good blogs!

We had developed an online form which goes to about 15 pages and the performance hits the bottom due to its size.

We have around 50 drop downs in the form which contribute to its massive size. Though the form is being usable and is being used by many, we still feel we can improve the performance by re-engineering the user display. so, based on adobe recommendation, I made some changes to implement their MVC architecture to display one instance of a page at a time.

The answer to the question as to why I am doing this?

In the last one year of my experience of working with this form, I have noted some short falls in the SAPs HCM P&F, and one of them is how the drop downs get populated. On any user event I have to repopulate all drop downs or else the data gets lost in them. Vis-a-Vis other service fields, the data of the drop downs are never stored, it has to be repopulated which adds to most of the KB transfer and slows down events. So, I felt let us break the form, so that at any instant the user can only see one instance of the page. When the user navigates to the next page, I will store the data in an XML format in a datastorage page. Well, my belief was that the save XML will store the drop down values aswell, but that did not happen. Anyways, this approach helps in reducing the number of drop downs filled at any user event. Plan to implement in the next phase and hope it turns out good.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

aaahaaaah, I cen get it. But you´re the first man I know who has really implemented this. I read the documents about how it is supposed to work and how it is supposed to help the performance, but have never met a man, who has the experience with the actual development. If you like my blogs, you could write your own and help me cover all the catches of the technology:))

This topic definitely IS very valuable and you may help dozens around the world to follow your way. Would you consider it? i would be the first happy reader of yours:))

Sorry I cannot give you a hand with the problem, but you are far more experienced than me in this regard and I have much to learn from you, I feel. And am afraid you will not find many to help you, since your approach is not a one the people are following here every day.

Good luck and in case you write the blog, post a notification here, I will be waiting:))

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by navigation to next page? Is the navigation within Adobe Form our outside it?

I do not think there is any setting to be done to retain the values when you navigate page1 to page2 within Adobe Form, by default it's there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am navigating from one page to another page in the form.. The form is too huge with around 12 pages,, we show only one page at a time. When I navigate from one page to another, I store the data by converting it to XML and load it back if the user navigates back again.