Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport request import problem

former_member429372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I try to import request from testing server to production server, the status showing 'import running' for hours and hangs. when I do a test run it went off sucessfully. It was working perfectly up to last two days. pls guide me to sort this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link is:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/ForgotSAP*%2CDDICoradminuserpasswordin000client

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos
ABAP dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED and try to resolve that issue

This is not your initial issue, So I suggest you to just restart your application to get the password of sap* and unlock DDIC.

Then kill all the work processes and restart importing (No need to schedule RDDIMPDP job as job should be there)

Once you are able to do the import, then have a look at the below link and implement it.

It will show you the step by step process how we can unlock and reset the admin user ids in 000 client without apps restart.

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/ForgotSAP*%2CDDICoradminuserpasswordin000client|How to unlock and reset the password of admin users without Apps restart]

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clean up the entire system buffer from SM51 and restart importing.

Check below things before going to restart importing:

1) Move the files from /usr/sap/trans/tmp to some other FS

2) Delete all 'in process' requests from import monitor tab in STMS

3) kill all the work processes from OS level whcih are running tp

4) make sure that no job is in process named RDDIMPDP

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh,

I would suggest you to first look into the file system /usr/sap/trans/tmp

There are some files that get created as per import action so first during import check those files whether thery are increasing in size to know some thing is happening in backend or not.

Beside i would suggest you to also check RDD* jobs status during import and BWP availablity.

Also perform all checks in STMS like tp,consistency check .

Regards,

Shivam Mittal

former_member429372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mittal,

All the checks in STMS woks fine. But the job RDDIMPDP is getting cancelled and job log cannot be displayed.

RDDIMPDP DDIC Canceled 30.07.2010 00:00:45

RDDIMPDP DDIC Canceled 30.07.2010 00:01:45

RDDIMPDP DDIC Canceled 30.07.2010 00:04:45

Pls give ur valuable solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh,

When the transport is giving error you need to check two things one is SLOG under the directory /usr/sap/trans/log directory.

in the SLOG you will find any warning or error you need to proceed as per the warning.

other thing what you need to check is execute the report RSTPTEST it will test the tp status and STMS configuration check.

If this report says any warning then click on that warning it will display the problem description so that you need to proceed based on the warning showing in the report.

Still you need any help reply back to me.

with this info i think you can analyze the issue and solve it.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

former_member429372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SLOG log file shows as follows, but when I chk the job RDDIMPD it is getting cancelled and the status shows as i mentioned earlier. Is it because of any temse objects error.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

If it is saying Temse Object Error then as I m thinking please perform Temse Consistency check by SP12 and check the output.

Shivam

former_member429372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SLOG shows as follows. I check the consistency of temse objects and it failed due to TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED.

The last some lines SLOG.

WARNING: System GTP. Warning. 20100730000146 :

WARNING: Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally.

Please check that the R/3 system is running.

Please check the system. Use transactions SM21, SM37, SM50.

WARNING: (This warning is harmless if no further warnings follow.)

2EETP000 sap_dext called with msgnr "1":

2EETP000 -

db call info -

2EETP000 function: db_setget

2EETP000 fcode: RT_GET

2EETP000 tabname: TRBAT

2EETP000 len: 0

2EETP000 key:

2EETP000 ok fetches: 0

2EETP000 last entry:

2EETP000 retcode: 1

1AETP000 exit in function texitnow

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 6796

STOP imp single GTP 0016 20100730000536 DINESH gtnprdn 20100729204647

Regards

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reschedule RDDIMPDP Background Job by executing RDDNEWPP report (using SE38) in 000 (under DDIC user) and the affected clients.

Try to do the following.

1. Delete entry for the affected Trans. request from TP monitor of the respective queue.

2. Stop all transport request import operations for sometime and kill all tp processes at OS level.

3. Clear entry from TRBAT and TRJOB tables. Also delete any *.LOC file located at /usr/sap/trans/temp location.

4. Reschedule RDDIMPDP Background Job by executing RDDNEWPP report (using SE38) in 000 (under DDIC user) and all the required clients.

5. Try to import the Trans. request(s) again into system using stms_import.

If the above mentioned steps do not help, then restart SAP instance at non-productive time, clear any TRBAT/TRJOB entries, reschedule RDDIMPDP Background Job by executing RDDNEWPP report in 000 (under DDIC user) and all the required clients, and then re-import the Transport Request.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

former_member429372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the mail I deleted all pending requests and I tried to create background using DDIC in client '000'. But the user is locked due to maximum logon failure attempts. I want to reset the password and remove the lock. I have tried to set the paramete 'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar' to value 1 in the default profile but the result is same. Pls help me to reset password and to enable the user DDIC in client 000.

Regards

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once u set the parameter, you need to restart the SAP instance. Before that you may need to delete the SAP* user at the database level so that the user SAP* will be recreated after restarting the SAP instance.

Once restarted u will be able to login with the user SAP* with the default password pass.

Check the reason for the occurance of the ABAP dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED and try to resolve that issue. These type of issues occurs mostly becasue of resource crunch. Try to tune some parameters related to memory in SAP as well as in database.

Hope this hint helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Edited by: Varadhu on Aug 1, 2010 2:20 PM