Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOFM Routines wants an access key

sujoy_chowdhary
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am new to the developments of VOFM routines, I wanted to create a new requirement rule for AN00 output type. When I go to tcode VOFM to create a new routine I enter the number 701 a description and application as V1(as it is a quotation output type).

it asks me for a mod key for a new include which it creates with RV**701.

Is this correct am I missing some steps does it always creates modification? Can I somehow do it w/o a modification. What repercussions it might have in a upgrade.

Best regards

Sujoy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the Access Key with the help of BASIS people

and create aroutine with the Number above 700.

and copy the code of the existing routine and modify it as per your changes

VOFM is the transaction where you can maintain Requirement routines, which are assigned through cusomization.

To create a routine you need access key & routine no. starts with "7".for ex. 701,702 etc.

one important thing to note that even if you have some syntax errors inside your routine, it will get activated without errors. So, you need to do Main Program check before activation.

Eg:

goto VOFM tcode for wrting the Routines

from menu Requirements-> pricing

You can create the pricing related routines here

Use the Number from 900 only

take the acess key and try to copy the existing routine and change the code to your requirement and keep a break point and see

Activate it before execution.

Regards,

Raj.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If doing for the first time it will ask for an access key . Register the object and get key for that .

Put the key and proceed to add your code to the program . Once you have activated the program and come back to prevoius screen in VOFM, you have to activate the routine . Select the "701" line and from menu EDIT -> ACTIVATE .

Then if you dont see your program in main program run once . Though the last step is required only on Test & Prod systems ( to which you transport ) and not on system on which you are developing .

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the Access Key with the help of BASIS people

and create aroutine with the Number above 700.

and copy the code of the existing routine and modify it as per your changes

VOFM is the transaction where you can maintain Requirement routines, which are assigned through cusomization.

To create a routine you need access key & routine no. starts with "7".for ex. 701,702 etc.

one important thing to note that even if you have some syntax errors inside your routine, it will get activated without errors. So, you need to do Main Program check before activation.

Eg:

goto VOFM tcode for wrting the Routines

from menu Requirements-> pricing

You can create the pricing related routines here

Use the Number from 900 only

take the acess key and try to copy the existing routine and change the code to your requirement and keep a break point and see

Activate it before execution.

Regards,

Raj.

0 Kudos

Thanks Raj for your answer and help here.

So what i got from the point you put is that its ok that the system asks for a modification key and it creates a include in the SAP namespace. right??

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes... its create new include with SAP namespace.

Regards,

Raj.