cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field on my smartform jumping around

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a smartform where I am trying to line up some fields into columns.

I have a text node with 6 fields in it.

I can move them around to just fine but i have one field that when it is only 2 char's long it lines up right next to the field in front of it, but when it's 3 char's long it lines up to the far right pushing my last field to the next line.

this is how the fields are set up

__________field1(z)___field2(40)__________field3(20)___ problemfield4__________field5(i)___field6(i)

which prints fine when the problem field is EA

when the field is MON it prints like so

__________field1(z)___field2(40)__________field3(20)__________problemfield4__________field5(i)

field6(i)

i don't know if there is an format i should try on the problemfield or if theres some other direction i should start at

thanks in advance

Edited by: Israel Edmiston on Jul 29, 2010 11:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are in a table it would be nice to create a line type and place your fields... if you are not in the table you can try using a template and fix the widths

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are in a table I wasn't sure if i could set them as a different table line since all the other lines are divided into multiple cells and the 6 fields are all in the same node. Changing it today should know something by tomorrow i'll let you know if it works i tried putting all the fields into there own node and changing the line type in the first node then changing the new paragraph setting to Append directly and then in the output tab unchecking the new line and new cell then skipping cells +1 for each different field. That didn't work I'm not sure why any ideas? (I'm just curious)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The table I have on this form is an older version i didn't realize. I can't set inside a table_line so I can't figure out how to assign to a specific cell any ideas on how to do this on the older style of tables?

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did condensing the problem field work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No but I may have figured out how to set the fields to seperate cells in the older version table node I should know something today I hope I will let you know if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

While you try to place the fields in proper order remove the skip 1 cell input you have given.

Just check the NEW LINE if you want to start printing from a new line or else leave it unchecked and check NEW CELL which will help in moving the text to the adjoining column of the line type.

The line type is available there in the drop-down.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

YEP THAT GOT IT THANKS!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be you could try condesing the 6 fields and use them

as an example

&field1(c)& &field2(C)&.....