cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling in Asyn SOAP call to Legacy System

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on IDOC to SOAP asyn scenario, When SOAP asyn inbound call is invoked from PI it shows successfull in SXMB_Moni but when i see tomcat log of legacy system webservice call was failed becouse unable to post entries into table becouse of missing mandatory field value in the mapping.

Please suggest how I can handle error in this scenario without using BPM.

Thanks

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure how your error handling should look like.

When the web service in tomcat fails and tomcat provides an HTTP error code (like 500), then you can monitor this error in runtime workbench.

You can also request an acknowledgment from the IDoc, which changes the IDoc status to error also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

webservice call was failed becouse unable to post entries into table becouse of missing mandatory field value in the mapping.

If the fields are mandatory for being posted in table at web server, but not mandatory in PI data structure, they won't complain and will be processed successfully. Make sure that mandatory fields in web server are marked mandatory in PI as well.

You can create Alerts from mapping itself, in the event mandatory fields are missing from source. Search on SDN for how to raise alerts from UDF.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neetesh: Thanks for the answer, I know i can do that or can provide default value in case of value is not coming from sending system, my question is there may be some other error too i just want to see log in PI for errors, for example I am sending copa idoc which will create some transaction in Legacy system, which need material and customer master information to be already pushed to legacy system, if customer or material information is not there in legacy system then soap call to create in legacy system will fail, in th is scenario i dont want to go to legaecy system and see the tomacat log for the transaction time period which will tell me transaction was failed.

Please suggest:

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

If some fields are mandatory in target then as nitesh said you can make them as mandatory. If the field value like material is not present in the target system then either they have to wait till they load all the materials and then process yours. Else in sap you configure in such a way that you send materials first and then the current idoc so that they dont run into this issues. Also you can send material and then your idoc and you can maintain their order in configuration. Else you need to do a lookup to see in the target system whether they have the material or not. So properly analysing and design needs is required here.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish, I understand ur point, I want to know if it is possible to do error handling without BPM in async SOAP call.

Thanks

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Even if you use BPM and sync call if the material is not there then what we will do with this message in XI. It still fails in your target. So the answer would be No in your case.

Regards,

---Satish