cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP encoding gzip + base64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where I have a SOAP receiver that accepts only messages with gzip compact and base64 encoding, in this order. That means I must first compact the message with gzip and then convert this result into base64 encoding.

I tried to do so using the SOAP default module (XISOAPAdapterBean) with this configuration parameters:

XMBWS.Encoding = gzip

XMBWS.TransferEncoding = base64

XMBWS.XMLEncoding = base64

When I run that configuration, however, the following error occurs in the processing (viewed via sxmb_moni):

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: base64

Are the parameters correct?

Can I see the sequence of the operations (compact and encode)?

Is there anyway to configure this sequence?

Any other sugestions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> XMBWS.XMLEncoding = base64

This is wrong. XMLEncoding must be a codepage, like UTF-8.

Delete that parameter.

Try also:

XMBWS.AcceptEncoding compress, gzip

See this guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40611dd6-e66e-2910-f383-e80fb44f9...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After delete the line "XMBWS.XMLEncoding = base64", the server began to return this error: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/PLAIN; HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type

I made another test, configuring the parameters according to the guides, like this:

XMBWS.XMLEncoding = charset iso-8859-1

XMBWS.TransferEncoding = base64

XMBWS.Encoding = gzip

XMBWS.AcceptEncoding = compress, gzip

But the same error occurs: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/PLAIN; HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type

Is there anyway to check the operations sequence (first compact then encode)?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use tcpgateway to see, how the HTTP looks like.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

Former Member
0 Kudos