Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will SAML depend on the Javadatabase or ABAPdatabase on the Backend system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on some of the Experts recommendation I am creating test scenarios for SSO using SAML

Julius explained all the steps/Process very well : I forgot to ask one question earlier "

If my EP is pointing to its own UME = configured to corporate Active directory ( for users )

Next the the ECC ( NW AS ABAP + AS JAVA ) the backend is pointing to (ABAP database for users)

will the single sign on authentication fail?

Major doubt Are there any dependencies of SAML with respect to userdatabase when one SYSTEM is pointing to JAVA(UME) and the other is configured with users from the ABAP side.

Edited by: Franklin Jayasim on Jul 29, 2010 8:36 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, you have identity provider and service provider. Obviously, the user accounts migh not be same on these systems. Therefore you need to somehow map identity provider account to service provider user account which is called identity federation. Check [this document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c01e7a05-1956-2d10-53a9-9501c6b620ee] for more info. It contains a list of solutions for your problem. It's dedicated to SAP IdM Identity Provider but it's a good reference for basic principles.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, you have identity provider and service provider. Obviously, the user accounts migh not be same on these systems. Therefore you need to somehow map identity provider account to service provider user account which is called identity federation. Check [this document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c01e7a05-1956-2d10-53a9-9501c6b620ee] for more info. It contains a list of solutions for your problem. It's dedicated to SAP IdM Identity Provider but it's a good reference for basic principles.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Thanks for the document , I will go through it and update the outcome