cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call back-end report from Web Dynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an web dynpro for abap application, I put it into an iView. I also have a report which have selection screen and ALV display in back-end. Now I would like to call the report from the web dynpro application and display it in the web.

What steps need to be done to do it?

Thanks,

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anthony,

you can create a custom transaction for your report "for example ZREPORT" and then create an IVIEW for ZREPORT.

in your webdynpro you can create a button or link and in the action behind you can call OBN and pass the IVIEW parameters for the OBN call.

OBN can be found in the webdynpro wizard tool.

thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can call the report now but it displays selection screen instead of ALV. How do I pass OK code of report which is program type E via URL? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry I dont know via URL, I know that if you do an IVIEW then you can configured IVIEW to bypass selection screen passing values from WDA.

Maybe someone else can provide info for the URL.

thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response.

I refered to this: [how to call abap report from web dynpro for abap|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f08ab239-d69a-2c10-119b-c623b74be4af]

but OK code I'm not sure what value should I pass

Anthony

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes you can build the initial OKCode into the ITS URL. See this wiki page for details:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=22375

Depending upon your Enhancement Package/Support Package level you might even have the class CL_URL with the method ITS that helps with the building of such URL strings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know either but reading your doc maybe you can pass the OK action in the URL too ('&~okcode=%20') but I'm not sure, maybe Chris Paine or Thomas Jung can jump in :-).

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works now Thomas and Jason . Thank you guys for you help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is fantastic and I never know before.