cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max SAP Gui Latency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of rolling out SAP to out Japan and Australia office. We are located in the UK. Our latency between the UK and both the Japan and Australia is between 270ms and 340ms..

Do any of you run SAPGui for Windows over links with this latency?

How does it perform?

Do users have to wait a long time for the application to respond?

Does it depend on the users job function and what they need to access in SAP.

The SAP systems we have are ERP, SCM, BW, and XI.

Any advice or real live experience with this type of latency would be appreciated.

John

Edited by: John Vintiner on Jul 29, 2010 6:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are in the process of rolling out SAP to out Japan and Australia office. We are located in the UK. Our latency between the UK and both the Japan and Australia is between 270ms and 340ms..

>

> Do any of you run SAPGui for Windows over links with this latency?

Are you talking about local installations or Terminalserver/Citrix based installations?

We use local SAPGUI installations in China and several parts of Russia without any major (performance) issues.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am talking about local installtions.

Whats the latancy your site between, and do any of your users complain about perfomce of SAP Gui?

Regards

John

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Whats the latancy your site between, and do any of your users complain about perfomce of SAP Gui?

I didn't measure the actual latency so I can't tell.

People here usually complain about the SAP system performance, in no case this could be drilled down to a too high latency for the gui itself, in most cases the problems were caused by wrong selection criterias.

Markus