cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro for ABAP and IE 8.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was searching for WebDynpro for ABAP and IE 8.0 compatibility issues int he forum, but i got mixed answers so I thought to create new thread with specific question.

I have ABAP system with below version:

SAP_ABA 700 0015 SAPKA70015 Cross-Application Component

SAP_BASIS 700 0020 SAPKB70020 SAP Basis Component

There are some WebDYnpro applications developed on this ABAP system.

These WDA applications are integrated on Portal system. Below is the Portal version:

EP 7.0 SP14

I understand that IE 8 is not supported in above portal version. So, we have planned to upgrade our Portal system to EP 7.0 EHP1.

Question: 1

Will it load the WDA application correctly on portal in IE8?

Question:2

If I run the WDA application in IE8 outside Portal, will it work correctly?

Question3:

In addition to Portal upgrade, do i need to upgrade ABAP system as well?

Thanks in advance,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I understand that IE 8 is not supported in above portal version. So, we have planned to upgrade our Portal system to EP 7.0 EHP1.

it's the ABAP engine that does the rendering, not the portal (check the URL of the embedded WDA app, you''ll see that it points to the ABAP stack not the portal stack.).

>Question: 1

>Will it load the WDA application correctly on portal in IE8?

no - see above - you'll need to upgrade the ABAP stack on which your WDA application lives.

>Question:2

>If I run the WDA application in IE8 outside Portal, will it work correctly?

Not at the support pack level you are on. - check the [Product Availability Matrix|http://service.sap.com/pam] for any update to this (might be that a newer SP level for NW7.0 fixes the IE support)

>Question3:

>In addition to Portal upgrade, do i need to upgrade ABAP system as well?

Yes By moving to EhP1 you will get a load more functionality for WDA, and a lot more support for standard frameworks like FPM. If you have the choice - it would be a very simple decision - go for NW7.01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris for the response.

I was also feeling the same way you are. SO, thanks for agreeing with me

I was checking the product Availability matrix and i came to know that WebDynpro is supported in NW 7.0 SPS20 onwards.

my SAP_BASIS component is on SAPKB70020 which means 7.0 SP20 right? Correct me if I am wrong.

So, my next question is, do we need to care about only SAP_BASIS component for Webdynpro to work correctly or there are other components which also to be upgraded?

If yes, what are those components?

thanks,

Bhavik

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> So, my next question is, do we need to care about only SAP_BASIS component for Webdynpro to work correctly or there are other components which also to be upgraded?

>

BASIS is not my specialty - so I can only offer an opinion and not expert advice, but I'd suggest you'd want to upgrade the entire system to the same support pack level not just discrete components of it. On one of the systems I'm currently using the following components are all at the same 7.01 SP5 level

SAP_ABA Cross-Application Component

SAP_BASIS SAP Basis Component

PI_BASIS Basis Plug-In

SAP_BS_FND SAP Business Suite Foundation

SAP_BW SAP Business Warehouse

seems to be more than just the SAP_BASIS component.

Might be some other more technically minded folks out there who could answer more affirmatively for you.

Cheers,

Chris