cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logs and traces table in SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have sent logs and traces from a device to the server (Netweaver 7.1 / trace level set to Fatal on the device) and I can view the logs through the DOE: Monitoring --> Device Logs Monitoring. But since there are a lot of logs and it is not convenient to view them one by one in DOE, I would like to ask if there is a way to view the logs from the GUI in some table?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logs can be searched in the table 'SMMW_LOG_HDR' in DOE based on many search criteria, DEVICE_ID being one of them.

If you are not aware of DEVICE_ID and only device name is known, you can get the DEVICE_ID from the table 'SMMW_STANDARD_AT'.

Thanks,

Deepak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately, the logs number is very big (approx. 700 rows per device) and in order to see the content of each log (if we use DOE Device Logs Monitoring), we have to click row by row and use "View Details" option (or "View File"), which is not helping us to extract the needed information.

Is there a way to extract this content through GUI (maybe by combining info and keys from different tables)?

Thanks!

Edited by: Denis Kostadinov on Jul 30, 2010 8:45 AM

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

The tables mentioned above only log "technical" details of the logs and will not be helpful for your requirement. The best way to view the device logs is via the Device Logs Monitoring. It provides advanced search facility for the devices, whose logs you are interested in. Additionally, once you have got the list of devices based on your search criteria, for a selected device, it is possible to filter out the logs for that device through the "Additional Logs Filter" button where you could filter based on the severity, time range and even by the user (client user) who was logged in the client when these log records were being logged.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kranti

akila_sangili
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use logs and traces in the monitoring link of Admin and monitoring portal for the respective environment for which you wish to look for the logs.

Regards,

Akila Sangili.