cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Client Systems and Multiple Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The client I am working on is insisting that we create two repositories and connect one repository to an R/3 system, and one to an ECC system.

Can this be done?! I keep insisting that this is against the basic principle of MDM to have 'one single version of the truth' and that having different data in different repositories is not true MDM.

Can this even be done? Or can it be done if each repositories hold the same data?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole

This can be done technically. I can think of one scenario where R/3 is legacy and has local fields used by legacy and the ECC is planned without these legacy systems. So in MDM we can maintain two views using two separate repositories- one for legacy record view and one for New global and single truth view.

this is just 1 scenario, ofcourse you need to check with Business why they require this.

Please do share why they are insisting on this.

Thanks-Ravi

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

of course technically, this should be no problem, hence it is possible to have two reps connected to two systems (ECC, R/3). E.g. with PI in place - this is pretty straight forward. What is your business scenario and why does your customer think you need two separate reps for the same master data object (e.g. material master)?

Thanks!

Regards,

Erdal

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

Let us know...

Why client is insisting for 2 repositories?

What data you will be holding in MDM respositories...

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

I agree with Shiv that this totally depends on your business requirement. You can have two repositories if there is business requirement, only need to be taken care of Sizing. As you are keeping the same data in two repositories rather than one so as per performance you should take care of required memory, hard disk size etc.

e.g. There are scenarios where sometimes as per business requirement you have to create different repositories as per region. Like one for Europe, other for US etc.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

From technical integration point of view i don't see any issue and you can have 2 repositories, one connecting to R/3 and second connecting to ECC.

Answer to your question "Should we go for two repositories??"

-- This totally depends on your business requirement. As of now we don't have any idea on your requirements so I can not comment.

Best Regards,

Shiv